Lyman Breech Plug Failure - The Lyman Recall Is No Joke - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Default Lyman Breech Plug Failure - The Lyman Recall Is No Joke

Someone bought a new Lyman Trade rifle from Bud's last week.
Yesterday, on the 2nd outing with the gun, the breech plug broke off from the barrel.
Bud's Guns said they didn't know about the Lyman recall.
The recall is serious and the word should be spread before someone gets injured.

Lyman recall notice--->>> https://www.lymanproducts.com/recall/

Original thread:--->>> https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...ailure.841810/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lyman recall.jpeg
Views:	367
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	221268  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Lightbulb

Checked out this thread a few days ago. Over at the Lyman Site I was less than pleased to learn my Great Plains Rifle falls about mid-way in the affected muzzleloader serial numbers.

Called Lyman and they mailed me a postage paid shipping tube which got here today. Be mailing it to Lyman first thing Monday morning.

I harvested a large doe with this flinter this past season, and singing PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD! ever since that it stayed in one piece during that first season I owned it.

Thank you for taking the time to share the information about the recall! GOD works in mysterious ways!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:21 PM

Your guardian angel was watching over you Old Man!

One coming apart like that a few inches from your face could be downright nasty!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:11 AM

Amen to that, Spruce!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Checked out this thread a few days ago. Over at the Lyman Site I was less than pleased to learn my Great Plains Rifle falls about mid-way in the affected muzzleloader serial numbers.

Called Lyman and they mailed me a postage paid shipping tube which got here today. Be mailing it to Lyman first thing Monday morning.

I harvested a large doe with this flinter this past season, and singing PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD! ever since that it stayed in one piece during that first season I owned it.

Thank you for taking the time to share the information about the recall! GOD works in mysterious ways!
Glad you're okay.
No one really knows how many guns involved in the recall actually had bad breech plugs.
They're just trying to stay on the safe side.
Please let us know how it works out and thanks for the update.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticap View Post
Glad you're okay.
No one really knows how many guns involved in the recall actually had bad breech plugs.
They're just trying to stay on the safe side.
Please let us know how it works out and thanks for the update.
Hi articap, I really appreciate that heads up from your thread, this could have had a totally different outcome had you not chosen to share!

As for an update... I spoke with Kate at Lyman customer service that Thursday, she was great. She mailed me a pre-paid shipping tube, recieved it Saturday, sent the barrel and hooked breech back on Monday. Thursday the relacemant barrel arrived FedEx.

I nearly have all the preservative grease out of the barrel now, maybe one or two more cleanings should do it, and off to the range.

Thank you again for taking the time to play Guardian Anglel with that thread! GOD works in mysterious ways, and sometimes one of us is blessed to be a messanger......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page