yugo 24/47 help - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Default yugo 24/47 help

I need help what extractor and collar will fit my bolt these are hard to find Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Should be standard 98 Mauser bolt parts. The Yugo 24/47 is/was a VZ 24 refurbished by Produz 44, a state armory that may or may not have had some BRNO affiliation, in 1947 and possibly stored. I had one of those and also a VZ/CZ 24/52. Any good gunsmith should be able to replace those parts. Check with Gunparts America near Kingston, NY or google parts for Mauser Rifles and have at it. Hope this helps. Mikey
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

my Yugo 24/47 is a shorter bolt than the other bolts I was wondering if I could use the longer bolt parts on the shorter bolt I'm in the process of buying a Yugo 24/52c that has a standard action extra complete bolts for a Yugo 24/47 are expensive thanks gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:36 AM

Gary: if your bolt is shorter than a standard Mauser 98 bolt then you may have a M48 or M48A Yugo Mauser and you should check with your gunsmith to see if the extractor and collar for the 98 bolts will fit your rifle.
I have one of each, a M48 and a 98 in my safe and should compare the bolts to see if swapping parts might work. I will tell you though that when it comes to field work and hard use it is very tough to improve on the 48. Forme it seems a bit handier.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:54 AM

Gary: I just pulled the bolts from my Yugo M48A and my Sweedish made 98 Mauser and compared them. The 98 bolt is too long and will not close when put into the M48 and the M48 bolt handle interferes with the scope on the 98 and I couldn't insert it completely. However, the extractor and collar appear to be identical although I did not compare the distance from the forward edge of the collar to the tip of the extractor but none the less I would still see if the 97 extractor and collar will fit and function in your 24/47. They look to be the same and the factory that refurbished your 24/47 also made the M48/48A and it is quite possible that some parts will interchange . It is a lesser expensive alternative. Give it a try. Mikey
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

I ordered a Yugo extractor and a 98 collar now I need to find a cocking piece that fits the Yugo firing pin thank you for your help a complete bolt sells for close to 200.00 bucks Gary
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

I got the new extractor and collar the collar fits fine but the extractor will not pull the shell from the chamber it fits the bolt but the claw is smaller than my other extractor I got to buy a Yugo 24/47 or m48 extractor numrich 35.00
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 12:31 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Should be standard 98 Mauser bolt parts. The Yugo 24/47 is/was a VZ 24 refurbished by Produz 44, a state armory that may or may not have had some BRNO affiliation, in 1947 and possibly stored. I had one of those and also a VZ/CZ 24/52. Any good gunsmith should be able to replace those parts. Check with Gunparts America near Kingston, NY or google parts for Mauser Rifles and have at it. Hope this helps. Mikey
IIRC, the two bolts are a little different in length but, Mikey may be right that the same extractor may indeed fit?
Steve

"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson." Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA,AF&AM #294 Mohamed's Shrine, and York Rite bodies of Bloomington Il. LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years,/now retired!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page