Graybeard Outdoors - View Profile: texasmac

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 444M
    08-09-2019 11:58 PM - permalink
    444M
    By square my assumption is bullet length closer to bore diameter.

We have only one local powder manufacturer in SA and there was an explosion last year,and it won't be going before next year,if we are lucky. Some of your powders are showing up here but with our pathetic exchange rate it is something that can mostly be adored.

A while ago I was talking to a gunsmith about the 3O0BLK and he asked me why not 44mag then I can shoot BP(with this powder crises in mind) Well I went back brewing on this Idea and finally asked myself why not 444 Marlin. Can it be the allrounder for 3 world's? Nitro jackets,casts and BP for it has enough case capacity.?

In the dissipline you are competing,has the 444 Marlin won any ground and if not why hasn't it?

Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

If some of the lingo are not up to scratch I apologize, I am Afrikaans speaking (not African) wich is a version of Dutch.

Thank you in advance.
    Braam
  2. 444M
    08-09-2019 11:56 PM - permalink
    444M
    Howdy Wayne,
    Been reading your reports and it seems we are walking the same road.

During the mid 80's 90's I was shooting silhouette and did fairly well in the centrefire hangun production and unlimited.My favourite was the TC 7mm TCU 10" open sights with which I competed in both classes.
    With the arms ebargo against South Africa and the $ rocketing it became expensive and I switched to lead.Took me 2 years to get the hang of casting accuracy.During 93 I started dreaming about about the 223 case but with a 30 projectile for casts just to read a few years ago that JD Jones was working on my dream (30 Whisper aka 300 BLK) but for a different reason.
    Long story short I sold all 14 my firearms and went to Australia for five years for a job.

Been back in SA and started reading about the 300BLK mainly for shooting casts.Then looking at ballistics in reloading manuals I came to the conclusion that "square" bullets for casting would be better.By square ...

About Me

• About texasmac
  • Signature
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author of the Browning BPCR book
    http://www.texas-mac.com
    As Warren Miller once said "Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive."

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 06-18-2019 11:43 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Mentions

No results to display...

Quotes

07-13-2018
08:26 PM - atllaw quoted texasmac in post Pan Lubing BPCR Bullets My Way
The silicon releases the lube...
12-18-2017
09:16 PM - texasmac quoted gcrank1 in post Replacing scope crosshairs
Thanx for the info! Btw, ho...
03-19-2017
12:52 AM - texasmac quoted nanuk-o-dah-nort in post Dip-Casting Bullet Weight Experiments
your finding appear to run counter to...

Feedback Score

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:
100.0%
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 1
Submit Feedback
  Past
Month
Past