Pistol Caliber Carbines. The semi auto kind. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Default Pistol Caliber Carbines. The semi auto kind.

Does anyone own one or more?

Do you have a favorite?

I have owned an Olympic Arms AR15 in 45 ACP for some time and enjoy it very much, but they have gone out of business and I am looking at others.

ch

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:29 PM

I have owned one for 3 days now. TNW aero survival rifle in 9mm. I've only fired 5 rounds to check function. Looks like it's going to be a fun little gun. It's a straight blowback and changing calibers to .40 S&W or .357 Sig only requires a bolt face change, a barrel and appropriate magazine. I need to pick up some Weaver style rings so I can scope it. So many guns (projects, chores, work, etc), so little time.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 AM

I've owned/own a few.
Had a beretta storm a little over 10yrs ago, in 45acp. Worked great, accuracy fell off around 75yds.
Built what was the first cz 26 semiauto subgun conversion as a carbine, it's 7.62x25 tokarev. Never really played with it past 50yds. Ended up selling it.
Built an uzi semiauto carbine from an smg parts set, still have it. It's sighted at 50yds, but life got busy right after I finished it, so all I know is out to 50. Seriously considering sbr'ing it, so it can look like an uzi should.
I have a brugger & thomet tp9 sbr, with suppressor. It's sighted around 25yds. Got it while building the uzi, so haven't gotten to do a lot with it either. Shot a 3-gun match or two with it, 20yds and less.
While I have had a like for the uzi since I was a kid, the tp9 is so short, and light, there is no comparison. The uzi is quite heavier than it appears.
Always wanted a Thompson, since I was a kid. Shot a couple. Maybe one day......

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 06:06 AM

cmmg ar15 in 9mm. runs perfect and is a ball to shoot.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:08 PM

Gun Cabinet

quote:but they have gone out of business and I am looking at others. I saw the olympic reps at the gunshow last month[olympic has had a table at the local gunshow for the last 11/2 years and really good prices ] and he told me that someone is buying olympic and they are going to keep everything the same .i'm glad as i want one of their 308 ars
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsflh View Post
quote:but they have gone out of business and I am looking at others. I saw the olympic reps at the gunshow last month[olympic has had a table at the local gunshow for the last 11/2 years and really good prices ] and he told me that someone is buying olympic and they are going to keep everything the same .i'm glad as i want one of their 308 ars

WOW! That is the best news have had heard all week. They are the only ones that make an AR15 upper, in 45 ACP that will work with any milspec lower.

Thanks carlflh!

cheesehead

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casull View Post
I have owned one for 3 days now. TNW aero survival rifle in 9mm. I've only fired 5 rounds to check function. Looks like it's going to be a fun little gun. It's a straight blowback and changing calibers to .40 S&W or .357 Sig only requires a bolt face change, a barrel and appropriate magazine. I need to pick up some Weaver style rings so I can scope it. So many guns (projects, chores, work, etc), so little time.
Let us know how it works when you get some rounds downrange, I like the concept of these and the fact that you can configure it to left handed ejection.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 05:25 PM

I've got a few 9mm's ones and have two more bolts and uppers that I need to make barrels for. I'm still using milspec 223/556 lowers with magwell adaptors but have been looking at getting a couple dedicated 9mm colt pattern lowers. Spinta precision recently has/had cosmetic blem 9mm bolts for $109. They look nicer than the PSA bolt I have. The blem on one was a light spot in the finish and the other had a few tool marks in a non critical area. You can use a standard upper, but adding a 9mm deflector and port door is nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page