new to the "black" world - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:56 AM

Gun Cabinet

I forget the manufacturer but a 70 gr bonded is out this year. Speer? Canít remember.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:04 PM

lloyd smale: thanks, great info. I might not be that apprehensive anymore on going hunting with my 5.56.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:15 PM

littlecanoe: Sierra Matchking at 77 gr.
IMI is loading those and selling them with the name Razor Core.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:50 PM

The lego aspect of the design is much better than just about any other gun out there. I've got or had barrels in a dozen different chamberings. Even making a new barrel is easy as the design is very forgiving. Check out some of the other caliber offerings for them. 450BM is a great cartridge and you can get factory ammo for it. We've been deer hunting with .35" and .44" wildcats since we're limited to straight walled cartridges .35" or bigger no longer than 1.8" case length.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 03:06 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparedes View Post
littlecanoe: Sierra Matchking at 77 gr.
IMI is loading those and selling them with the name Razor Core.
I looked at those. I have about 500 77 smkís But havenít pursued loading then yet. I like that weight for a hunting round but hear mixed results on the smk when used to hunt.

Here is a short range expansion test on the fusion.

Here is another. Fast forward to about 6:30 min for pics of the expanded bullets.

Fundamentalism: The sneaking suspicion that somewhere, someone, might be having fun.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 10:17 PM

I have a 16" Stag Left Handed upper 1:9 on an Anderson lower with a 2 stage DPMS match trigger, Stag left handed safety and Hogue grip. I use a Magpul BUIS as my main sight. It shoots XM193 55 grain ammo very well. Hunting load is 60 grain Nosler over BL(C)2, I haven't connected on a deer with it yet to give you a report but I hunt in thick woods so no shots over 80yards generally. I'm confident it will do the job if I do. The rifle has been very reliable.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page