best ar deal i ever got. thanks psa - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Default best ar deal i ever got. thanks psa

I was building a basic gun for the son in law. Had the lower all done and ordered one of the 200 dollar complete basic uppers from psa. It came yesterday and I opened the box and knew something was wrong. there in it was a 10.5 in complete pistol upper and a complete lower build kit. Magpul grips and one of those 4 position braces and even the upgraded trigger group. Well I couldn't have lived with myself if I just took there 420 dollar package for 200 bucks so I called them and told them they sent me the wrong order. Jokingly told him that id surely keep it if they didtn want it back. He put me on hold to ask his boss how to deal with it and came back a few minutes later and said the boss told me if you want it its yours. I didn't need another 556 pistol (would have kept it in a second if it was a 300 bo) so I called the son in law and told him he could have that 300 dollar upper if he bought me the 200 dollar upper I wanted in the first place. So he saved a 100 bucks and I got a build kit for the 300 bo pistol I want to build for free! Cant beat that with a stick. THANKS PSA!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:01 AM

Lloyd, I surely hope you washed yer shoes off, cause you sho stepped right in it! Yes sir!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

hard part was that 10.5 in upper was so cute. Problem is I already have 9 556s. I even thought about selling one and keeping it but I knew the son in law was hot for an ar pistol and this way it helped both of us. Seriously considering going 10.5 instead of 8.5 when I build the 300 bo pistol though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:20 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
Seriously considering going 10.5 instead of 8.5 when I build the 300 bo pistol though.
I've got a 10.5 in. AR Pistol and was thinking I wanted an 8.5 just 'cause it's shorter. What's your opinion of the 8.5 inch?

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

my take on it is if your going 300 bo the 8.5 is got enough length and shorter is allways better imo. Now the 556 does much better in a 10.5 then it does in an 8.5. Reason I didn't go 10.5 with my 556 is in Michigan a pistol can be 26inch max. if any longer its a short barreled rifle. With most braces a 10.5 is to long and its to long with all braces if you go to 12 inch. Palmetto wont even sell a 12 inch upper to someone in Michigan. With the new 4 position brace that uses a carbine buffer tube the overall length fully retracted with a 10.5 come in just under 26 or just what my 8.5 inch gun does. Now theres lots of technicallys with this law. Technically that measurement is with the brace off just measuring the gun from to tube to the end of the barrel with the suppressor screwed off. Now will a cop know that? I don't know. Possible that hes going to take your gun and even arrest you till he gets to the station and reads through all the rules that about take a lawyer. My 8.5 is just under 26 with the flash suppressor and the stock at the location I shoot it at. Now if these 4 position stocks were available id have probably gone the 10.5 route. Don't ask me what im going to do with the bo pistol. Right now im going to wait till the son in law gets his put together or wait till get this lower build so I can actually handle a 10.5 to see how it compares. One thing I will say about the 8.5 is its LOUD. Much louder then a 16 inch gun. It will rattle your head without hearing protection. Id bet if you actually had to use my 8.5 556 in combat without ear protection after one mag youd about want to get killed. My 16 inch bo though is MUCH quieter then a 16 in 556 so a bo pistol might not be to bad. Id say theres good reason why uncle sam doesn't buy 8.5 inch ars. Most of the short ones they buy are 12s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atllaw View Post
I've got a 10.5 in. AR Pistol and was thinking I wanted an 8.5 just 'cause it's shorter. What's your opinion of the 8.5 inch?

Last edited by lloyd smale; 05-25-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page