my dealer is allready nervous - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,295
Default my dealer is allready nervous

with these latest shootings I figured id best pick up a few more bare lowers for the future. Went there and he would only sell me 2. Said he has orders in for more and until he gets them its 2 per customer. Good thing is he stuck to his 40 dollar price.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!
Posts: 1,212
Default

I just picked up another lower this morning. Like you I got mine for the future. Makes me wonder, when will it be the future? At what point will all of those ANTIFA folk posing with guns decide they are coming for us? I know we all talk about a SHTF situation and right now there is a very strong sh!t smell blowing through that fan. All of us meat and potatoes guys know what follows that smell. I think that I'm going to put this one together sooner rather than later!

Let me clarify that I will never ever go on the offense with a firearm! I don't hate anyone. However when they bring that hatred to me then I won't be alone. it will no longer matter whether Texas has the biggest ticks and Michigan has the biggest skeeters we will put those differences aside and tend to business.

I can see it now! A bunch of old buzzards in a fox hole. Lloyd on one side of me and Dee on the other and both of them shooting the sh!t out of skinny little guys that can't hold their guns up cuz their wrists are too limp! They'll be arguing about that darned wall the whole time.......................It'll be a hoot!
gpa&hisguns is online now  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
I can see it now! A bunch of old buzzards in a fox hole. Lloyd on one side of me and Dee on the other and both of them shooting the sh!t out of skinny little guys that can't hold their guns up cuz their wrists are too limp! They'll be arguing about that darned wall the whole time.......................It'll be a hoot!
Somebody's still a little "gun drunk" from their crime spree at Brownell's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neckisred is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 21,680
Default

Nope!

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:04 PM
dcw
Senior Member
 
dcw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: socal between temecula and palm springs
Posts: 1,702
Unhappy it might be a good idea

to scoop up uppers and/or lowers while you can still get them. IMO, there is a very good likelihood AR's, AK's and even semi-auto's with detachable magazines will be banned; semi-autos with non-detachable magazines will be limited in capacity.

a very disturbing question in my mind, though, is: if AR's are banned, will police/LE be forced to give up theirs? after all one of the cries is "AR's are a weapon of war". if police are allowed to keep and use them, is that considered to be a military application? it could be opined that that would be the declaration of martial law. and the FBI has touted the AR 15 as "The finest self defense weapons available"

IMO, one of the best ways to aid in reducing/eliminating mass shootings is to limit magazine capacity of detachable magazine semi-autos; shooter with 100 round magazine...come on...no civilian application is applicable there. when I had an AR, I used 5 round magazines; I had no need for more round capacity. as much a I disagree with many of some state laws, 10 rounds is reasonable.

virtually EVERY LEA in the country issue AR 15's

lead, follow, or get out of the way!
dcw is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Nope!
Now why did a simple "NOPE" just crack me up? Maybe because I knew it or something like it was coming!
gpa&hisguns is online now  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckisred View Post
Somebody's still a little "gun drunk" from their crime spree at Brownell's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gun drunk....yeah, you might be onto something there! I haven't quit smiling since I walked out their door. I even wiped that little 94 down at 5 Am this morning before I headed off to work.

I haven't been drunk for a lot of years but my wife was there to pick me up and dust me off. I'm pretty sure she will like my gun drunk a whole lot better!
gpa&hisguns is online now  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 13th colony
Posts: 2,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
I just picked up another lower this morning. Like you I got mine for the future. Makes me wonder, when will it be the future? At what point will all of those ANTIFA folk posing with guns decide they are coming for us? I know we all talk about a SHTF situation and right now there is a very strong sh!t smell blowing through that fan. All of us meat and potatoes guys know what follows that smell. I think that I'm going to put this one together sooner rather than later!

Let me clarify that I will never ever go on the offense with a firearm! I don't hate anyone. However when they bring that hatred to me then I won't be alone. it will no longer matter whether Texas has the biggest ticks and Michigan has the biggest skeeters we will put those differences aside and tend to business.

I can see it now! A bunch of old buzzards in a fox hole. Lloyd on one side of me and Dee on the other and both of them shooting the sh!t out of skinny little guys that can't hold their guns up cuz their wrists are too limp! They'll be arguing about that darned wall the whole time.......................It'll be a hoot!



Count me in!

Go Donald Go!!
rosewood is online now  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 13th colony
Posts: 2,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
to scoop up uppers and/or lowers while you can still get them. IMO, there is a very good likelihood AR's, AK's and even semi-auto's with detachable magazines will be banned; semi-autos with non-detachable magazines will be limited in capacity.

a very disturbing question in my mind, though, is: if AR's are banned, will police/LE be forced to give up theirs? after all one of the cries is "AR's are a weapon of war". if police are allowed to keep and use them, is that considered to be a military application? it could be opined that that would be the declaration of martial law. and the FBI has touted the AR 15 as "The finest self defense weapons available"

IMO, one of the best ways to aid in reducing/eliminating mass shootings is to limit magazine capacity of detachable magazine semi-autos; shooter with 100 round magazine...come on...no civilian application is applicable there. when I had an AR, I used 5 round magazines; I had no need for more round capacity. as much a I disagree with many of some state laws, 10 rounds is reasonable.

virtually EVERY LEA in the country issue AR 15's

Yep, 10 rounds is reasonable......until the Socialist take over our federal government and send the military to take all of our weapons.....we will be just like the Jews in Nazi Germany. They said it wouldn't happen there also.


Rosewood

Go Donald Go!!
rosewood is online now  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
Count me in!
Yes sir! I had you figured that way!
gpa&hisguns is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome