My new go to 22LR - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

After about a 100 round break in my cmmg has run 99%. When it was new it would give me doubles and triples using standard velocity ammo, this was caused by hammer follow. I ran it "wet" for a few hundred rounds to break it in and now SV is no problem. It was to dirty for my liking when running the chamber adapter and that was one of the reasons to build a dedicated upper. It wasn't the conversion bolts fault just all the .22 crap going down the gas tube and into upper and lower. I've been keeping track of my rounds fired without cleaning and I'm over 750 and no problems yet. I did put 1 drop of lube on the bolt rails at 500 rounds. It's more reliable then my 10-22 so far.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

― John Wayne "The Shootist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 11:23 PM
Dee

Well, I've had lots of 22 autos, with my favorite being an old Marlin Model 60 with the squirrels stamped in the stock. My youngest owns that one now.
My go to 22 is leaning against the wall next to the back door.
A 61 year old Marlin Golden 39A.
But it has had a red dot on it now for about 2 years.
It's old, but still minute of bullet hole accurate.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

I'm really getting to like red dots too. I have scopes on most of my big game rifles but have always used irons and peeps on my .22s. My eyes aren't what they were even 5 years ago and a dot sight is the answer. It was either that or get a barrel long enough that I could put the rear sight at 18" so I can see it. LOL

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

― John Wayne "The Shootist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 12:54 PM

I bought a Colt M4-22 shortly after they showed up on dealers shelves. It's been a fun gun until recently. NO, this not a knock on the rifle. I have turned my oldest great grand daughter into a real gun nut and a few weeks ago she grabbed my hand and said, "Let's go look at guns, grandpa" so we did. She asked what the Colt was and she asked to see it. She shouldered it with no trouble and immediately said, "I can shoot this gun. I LIKE it, I REALLY like it. Can I have it?' I'm sure all you grandpas know what the answer was and it will still be a fun gun for her. She likes red dots so I switched out the scope for a red dot.

I may just be in the market for one of those conversion kits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page