444 Marlin, RDO 432-350 loads - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Default 444 Marlin, RDO 432-350 loads

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site but far from new to the hunting, shooting, reloading, casting world. Been at it all for many years. I've recently ran into a slight dilemma however, as I have had some Ranch Dog Outdoors bullet moulds for years but have only recently bought the Marlin 444 rifle. I cast up several of the .432-350 bullets from the mould but when I went to check on the website I could not find the load information for this bullet any longer.

I have made several efforts to find the information but it seems most everyone who is loading RDO bullets is using the 265Gr. or the 300Gr. Does anyone had the original PDF file from the Ranch Dog Outdoor site they would care to share for this bullet. I'd sure appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 02:31 PM

The Ranch Dog Hangs out at a Site called 'Lee Loader" Might ask over There...He's a Good Guy...Bet He'll Help Ya.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Thank you I’ll check it out and see if I can find info there. Appreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2020, 08:05 AM

Impact: Welcome aboard. I am a huge fan of the 444 but have not dealt with the Ranch Dog Bullets before, I have always used the Beartooth Bullets and loading data developed by Marshall Stanton at Beartooth Bullets.
May I please suggest you visit the Beartooth Bullets website and compare the profiles of your Ranch Dog bullets with those from Beartooth and you may find them both to be designs created by Graybeard's one and only Veral Smith, the founder and designer of the LBT bullet line. Both he and Stanton at Beartooth worked on the designs of the LBT bullets and Stanton conducted extensive research into the 444 Marlin and heavy for the bore bullets like the 300s, 325s, 335s, 350s, 380s (possibly) and the 405s.
If you have just recently purchased a 444 Marlin then you may also wish to read Stanton's work on fire-lapping or bore-lapping the Marlin barrels for better accuracy. Veral Smith, of Graybeard Outdoors, has also authored a work on fire-lapping barrels for maximum cast bullet accuracy and either his work or Stanton's work are 'must' reads for 444 Marlin shooters.
One of our Moderators or Super Moderators, actually a super guy, is Quicktdo (??? spelling), a 444 fan and way more knowledgeable than I, and he has loads of data from Beartooth. He would be another super resource to contact for information. Hope this helps and buenos luck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Bad Mike, appreciate the good pointers. Will definitely check into the good books you suggest! Also will check into the Beartooth Bullets.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Orerancher, I did go over to Lee Loader and was able to locate the information I was looking for concerning that specific bullet. Thanks again, great help!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
Orerancher, I did go over to Lee Loader and was able to locate the information I was looking for concerning that specific bullet. Thanks again, great help!
Glad Ya Found what You were After!

I load both My Handi and Siamese Mauser 444's with the Lee 310g Bullet and 4198....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 05:05 AM

if your 444 is micro groved your probably not going to stabilize those 350s. The twist on those guns was made to shoot 240s. I could get decent results with cast in my micro groved 444 with bullets up to about 275. Now if its an outfitter with ballard rifling it will run the heavys fine.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 08:33 PM

Lloyd: fire lapping or bore lapping fixes the micro-groove problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page