I have a bunch of bullet cups - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default I have a bunch of bullet cups

I know that this is probably not the proper location for this but; I got a box of reloading stuff and in the box was a lot of bullet cups. Over a thousand 30 caliber, some 44 caliber and some 357 caliber. These are all Herters brand and the couple of boxes that had the seal broken were all bright and shinny. I would like to sell them, but have no idea what to ask for them. I am caught in the delema of asking too much or not enough for them and I will also get a better count after the weekend. Thanks for any help with this.

Moderators I looked at the bullet swagging and making section, but there hadn't been any activity there in over a year.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Support the NRA-ILA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Are you sure you are identifying them correctly? Are they gas checks or are they the cups swagers use to make jackets?

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Graybeard; These are the cups that swaggers use. There are 30 cal, 44, and 357. Not nearly as many of the 44 and 357 cups as the 30. I would have to go check it out more to give a more accurate count. These are from Herters and most of the boxes are taped shut, but a few have the tape loose but still closed. 250 per box is what it says on the box.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Support the NRA-ILA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

You may list them on the reloading classifieds or the swaged bullet forum or both if you want. The swaged bullet forum isn't nearly as active as it used to be but it's pretty certain anyone who sees it there is a potential buyer.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page