Lee Factory Crimp Dies - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:51 AM

Yea LEE muddied the waters badly with these.

Most of ya know I am not a hater but I have learned what LEE is and most know the reasons are well founded.

BUT, I am no hypocrite. LEE makes some cery innovative useful items too!!

I was one to call the FCD a solution to a non existent problem. But one HUGE this lee did for new re loaders is to force them to crimp ina. Separate step removing a large issue for new loaders.

I tried them a couple times and didnt like them. Then I got one for the 25/45 and 300 BO cause no one had anything else and I wanted a stand alone crimp die. I have to honestly say i saw improvements in consistency and accuracy using them. :[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] One simply need to use them prudently as its easy to ruin a bullet and accuracy when they are incorrectly adjusted.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:34 AM

My 2 cents.

I really like the FCD for Rifles. Itís simply a collet that that does nothing more than crimp. And does it very well.

The handgun FCD I have no use for. Mainly because it covers up mistakes in reloading procedure / die set-up. Leeís claim to make sure every cartridge fits backs up my claim, if every cartridge does not fit before post sizing, then you are doing something wrong.

OSTENDO NON OSTENDO
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:58 PM

I use the FCDs on almost all rifle cartridges that they make them for. I use the 7mm-08 FCD for 7-30 waters. Works great. I really like the Lee neck sizing die. It is also a collet and doesn't require lube to size the neck. Others need lube to reduce neck stretching.

Rosewood

Go Donald Go!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page