Hey, Lloyd for the second time - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Default Hey, Lloyd for the second time

I got my Eastwood powder orders and have tried them out. I ordered both white and hot coat red and both are very easy to use and give excellent results. The white turns a little cream colored but the coating is good. I haven't shot any of them yet and won't be able to until next month but expect good results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 06:09 AM

if you want to test them one test many use is the smash test. Put one on the anvil part of your vise and smash it with a good sized hammer. I mean SMASH it. If the paint comes off in flakes it wont hold up in your barrel. You might loose a bit on the nose where the hammer smashes it but the distorted bullet should still have consistant color and no bare spots. My guess is you will end up like me. My star sizer hasn't squirted a drop of lube in almost 3 years. Keep in mind though that you changed your bullets and the way they will act. So your load development might be out the door. I get about an equal percentage of loads that stay the same, that accuracy degrades and accuracy improves. So you might need to fine tune your loads for the pc bullets.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

It appears that Eastwood powders are good stuff. I set a .452 SWC that measured .661” long on my heavy steel work table and hit it with a 6# double jack which resulted in a chunk of lead that measured .312” long and .647” diameter. The coating was still intact so it should work well. No more greasy bullets for me after I shoot up the ones I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 06:12 AM

glad there working out for you. Best advancement in reloading since the invention of the progressive press if you ask me.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page