Anybody using their ATV to plow snow? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Anybody using their ATV to plow snow?

some up here do it for light snowfalls. Problem is that you cant push back snow banks threw the year. Even a truck plow can stuggle toward the end of the year and your driveway gets smaller and smaller. Best thing is a blower the blows the snow way out and doesn't leave banks. Now I'm talking SNOW! Some of you live where a foot on the ground is a big storm and it doesn't last long. Here a foot of snow is called spring. A good blizzard will dump two or three feet in your driveway and once you get it cleared just wait a day or two and youll be doing it again. Personaly id much rather put the money spent on an atv plow into a better snow blower. Fortunately my next door neighbor has a full sized tractor with a big blower on it and he keeps me blown out so well that I gave his son who lives in lower Michigan my snow blower. I just sit in the warm house and watch my driveway being done.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 AM

Wear bars can be easily hardened with a couple beads of Harding rod run on the edge.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Wear bars can be easily hardened with a couple beads of Harding rod run on the edge.

Al

The cost was appropriate, so I switched to the nylon bar on mine. Worked great for couple years then needed changing.

CWE

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 09:29 AM

Several years ago at my daughters house in Pa I actually saw real snow. 18" of it. I also saw that every wheeled vehicle had a plow😀

Where is the ammo?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 08:11 PM

Spring in Maine small 12in heavy snow storm April 10, we had them 38 in before. Trick to getting it done with a ATV is get out there and plow multiple times during the storm.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2020, 06:45 AM

I bought a Suzuki King Quad 400 as a left over about three years ago when my health stopped me from hunting, or dragging deer over any distance. The only way we could rationalize the cost of a quad and trailer was to have the electric winch and plow installed.

I love it! The wife,(she's several years my junior) shovels the 20' of sidewalk I can't reach with the plow, and I put the quad in 4WHL DR LOW and take care of our drive, walks, and two of the neighbors as well. I swear, it seems like that machine could push over the house if I wanted. My driveway is 60'X60', and the neighbors is about 100 yds long, then opens to a small parking lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page