the 2001 arctic cat 400 4x4 lives again - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Default the 2001 arctic cat 400 4x4 lives again

finally finished getting my old arctic cat 400 back to life.. bought new in 2001 ridden 1300 miles while the kids were home and then put away.its been put away in the barn since 2012? took me 3 evenings to get the carb cleaned with the heated sonic tank. i ride and work on motorcycles a lot so it wasnt terrible other than im way more familiar with kehin rather than mikuni carbs. replaced the jets and the fuel petcock and it seems fine. swapped the oil twice to get all the old stuff out and flushed and put new coolant in. runs great still possibly need to pull and rebuild the brake calipers. bled and flushed with some speedbleeders i had handy but the brakes are not good. possibly new pads and a caliper rebuild will solve it. the lines are now 17 years old and probably need swapped. a good excuse to go to ss braided if i ever saw one. i think its a beast compared to the honda 300s that everyone had 20 years ago but go look now and its rather small compared to the behemoths on the showroom floor. however it does fine to drag a trailer load of wood out or throw a deer across the rack for the trip to the skinning pole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:38 AM

I like to see old ones brought back. Ive allways bought new atvs and my son in law gave me a 500 Polaris and I restored it myself and I think I enjoy it for the fact I did it myself even more then a spanking new one.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page