Graybeard Outdoors banner
R

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 24 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    767 Posts
    Saw your post about hunting N of Flint on 24hour campfire, but the campfire forum system won't let me join due to email and ISP issues, and therefore I cannot post there
    Your counties are bisected by the line delineating rifle and "shotgun" zones for deer hunting. Southern Gratiot and eastern Saginaw county are "shotgun" zones. Google Michigan DNR to see map detail. "Shotgun" zone may use rifles chambered in straight wall cartridges with case length not exceeding 1.8" and .35 caliber or larger. Your rifled 20 ga. shooting Hornady SSTs( Meijer and Dunhams chain stores) will match or exceed the ballistics of most of these rifles and would be viable for shots out to 150 yards. The virtue of using a rifle, IMHO, is ease of scope mounting and more important, a decent trigger pull. I picked up a T/C Encore 12 ga because of several missed shots from a scoped, rifled 870 with a horrid trigger. The .450 Bushmaster has become popular for longer shots in the shotgun zone..

· Registered
    2,278 Posts
    I just now found this message ,, if you still have send pics to jpbohio@aol.com ,, also refresh my memory about which barrel of mine .. thx jb

· Registered
    392 Posts
    Thanks Rick,

Forgive me if this is a duplicate message. I couldn't get a confirmation that my reply to your PM was actually sent.

I'll get the money order out to you this afternoon, after work. My address is:

Gary Martin
    515 Azalea Lane
    Dendron, VA 23839

Phone and text: (757) 377-8570

Thanks,
    Gary
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…