Good, Inexpensive and not Made in China - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
Sightron S1 and S2 series scopes are made in the Philippines. S3 and SV series scopes are made in Japan. Lot's of fans. I recall when they first came on the market back in the mid 90's. They were offered for a good price and have a good reputation. They are owned by a Japanese company specializing in microscopes. I may need to look through one if I see one at a gun shop.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightro...iflescope.html
I hope you do Dave, as I'd really value your opinion. Their kinda bulky, but to me they are every bit as clear as my more expensive scopes for a third of the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 05:16 AM

so you have your choice. You can buy commie Korean or Chinese optics. You can buy german or jap optics from the people who killed our grandparents or you can buy AMERICAN. But cheap kind of rules that out. Like was said a number of times your only real choice is a leupold. but they don't make 100 dollar scopes. But if your budget is 200 or a bit more there as good as anything that's imported so its a no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
Being in the UN doesn't mean they are our allies. The UN includes some of our sworn enemies... You are thinking about NATO I suspect.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 12:35 PM

Gun Cabinet

I've purchased 5 Sig Sauer scopes, one Whiskey 5, 1-5x20 with illuminated reticle and four Whiskey 3, in 3-9x40, three with illuminated reticle, one without. I don't think you can find a better value than a Whiskey 3 at these prices:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/sow33...-3-9x40mm.html

https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/sow32...-2-7x32mm.html

Box says Designed in Oregon, assembled in the Philippines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-305.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	246466  

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-306.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	246468  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 05:04 AM

ive got a couple 3x9 sigs that I picked up on sale for a bit over a 100 bucks. Probably not a better bang for the buck on the market. But im about bet the house that the glass comes from china. I don't think theres lenses being produced in the Philippians. Its china, japan, germany or the USA for glass. German glass is expensive! Decent Jap glass is probably still to expensive for cheap scopes as is American. Bottom line is decent cheap glass about all comes from china.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

When it comes to the source of glass different scope and binocular manufacturers use in their products things get murky. It appears that Leopold may use some Japanese glass and Burris may use some from the Philippines. They just don't publish the source country for all their parts. You really have no way of knowing.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 05:14 AM

True dave. Its like cars and trucks. NONE of them are totally made in America. About all of them outsorce at least some part even if its just electronics. All a guy can do is support the most American one. Buy a f150 and it gives americans more jobs and more money to our economy then if you buy a Nissan or Toyota where a good portion of the profits go into the Jap economy. All you can do is buy the one that gives more jobs to americans then it does to other countrys. Again that brings us back to leupold and burris if your truly more concerned with made in America over price. But finding anything truly a 100 percent made in America is pretty tough today. Wife picked me up a "trump 2020" hat the other day and I looked at the tag and it was made in china! Buy a cheap American flag and look where it came from. Bet you it wasn't Mayberry NC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
When it comes to the source of glass different scope and binocular manufacturers use in their products things get murky. It appears that Leopold may use some Japanese glass and Burris may use some from the Philippines. They just don't publish the source country for all their parts. You really have no way of knowing.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 06-29-2020 at 05:18 AM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 03:53 PM

I wouldn't buy an American flag if it wasn't made in U.S.A. period
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 03:53 AM

i wont either but LOTS of people will. Americans for the most part don't even look at where there products are made today. Some will say they wont buy a flag but will buy clothes, hats and even cars and trucks that aren't made here or the majority of the profits benefit someone in a foreign country not our own. We have opened the door to letting them undercut American products in price. Walmart has made BILLIONS selling stuff from china and other countrys and people will do a majority of there shopping there and totally ignore where the stuff comes from but complain about where a flag was made. Im not saying its you MRK. But I was personaly attacked by a whole bunch on this very forum when I said I wouldn't by 22 shells at Walmart if they were the last 22 shells in the country. Another one is how many here saving they wont buy a Chinese scope have no problem buying wolf ammo for there guns?

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 05:16 AM

Some things I have no choice to buy from china, but the American flag I do
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 05:00 AM

other then electronics you for the most part don't have to by anything from across the pond. It is a choice. Might cost a bit more but so be it. People today are short sighted. All they think about is there wallet and give little thought to the jobs other americans loose because they don't make those choices. Im not throwing rocks in a glass house. Im guilty at times too. But if you just draw the line at flags your not helping much. buying a 50k imported truck does a lot more harm to our job economy and the country then buying a 15 dollar imported flag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk1500 View Post
Some things I have no choice to buy from china, but the American flag I do

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; Yesterday at 04:33 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page