Good, Inexpensive and not Made in China - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Default Good, Inexpensive and not Made in China

Here is my first nomination :

Bushnell Banner 4x12 AO. Made in Korea. Etched Glass Reticle. Fast focus eye piece. Can find for $100 or less. Lifetime Warranty.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009294016

Add your picks below.

And remember, No Chinese Scopes Please.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 11:22 AM

Sightron S1 series made in Phillipines. Lifetime warranty to original owner, receipt required. Seem to run around $125 delivered, although I've bought 7 from Grafs over the last couple months for $99 and shipping. Pretty sure I have close to 20 of these scopes and I like them ALOT.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 11:45 AM

Please add non chicom range finders too. I’m looking for one but don’t want Chinese.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Dumb, Dumber, Democrat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

AP, I don't know of any made in USA rangefinders (even Leupold is Chinese!) but the European makers are way above the Chinese in quality and performance. Leica and would be my pick :

https://www.eurooptic.com/Leica-CRF-...der-40546.aspx

Not inexpensive but not Chinese.

I currently own a bushnell given to me as a father's day gift many years ago. When it fails then Leica will get the call.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Leupold still makes a good scope at a fair price in Beaverton Oregon. Lifetime warranty. One Leupold will last you a lifetime. Not sure you can say that about any other scope. Freedom 3x9 for under $200 is a great deal:

https://cameralandny.com/shop/leupol...iation=1932030

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 04:36 AM

some bushnells are made in china and just about all the glass for most brands comes from there. You could go with a leupold or burris but theres no guarantee even with them because lots of there glass is imported. Nikon is made in japan and the Philippines but rumor is there getting out of the scope business all together. Why would you prefer a scope made in korea to one made in china? If you looking for the most American of the bunch its no doubt Leupold Freedom line. If you looking for good AND cheap its probably going to come from china. Just the way it is today. Even a ford chev or Harley has parts that come from overseas. All a guy can do is find what is the most American and puts the most money back in our economy. That again brings me to leupold. You might pay a bit more but 30 years from now if the seals dry up and it leaks gas they will send you a brand new one to replace it. If you run over it with your truck they will send you a brand new one to replace it. Only other scope manufacture that compares in warrantee is vortex and there made in china.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 06-21-2020 at 04:45 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Burris Fullfield II scopes are another good pick. No longer made in the USA but not made in China either. They make most of their scopes in the Philippines now. Good warranty and a 3x9 for less than $200.

Last time I checked the Philippines and S. Korea were our allies and not trying to take over the world for their own nefarious purposes.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 05:02 AM

I dont know if Korean optics are made in the north or south. Ive never seen it specified. Just "made in korea" Also I know its a stretch but china is in the UN so technically they are an ally of ours. They sure don't show it much of late though. Like I said. If you want the safest route to know your supporting America then buy a leupold. It might cost 50 bucks more but that money buys a good product that gives americans jobs. Bottom line is if shop at Walmart your no doubt buying stuff from china anyway. I bought a ruger hat last year at the gun shop. Got home and looked and saw it was made in china. Its hard to avoid.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 06-22-2020 at 05:07 AM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 06:54 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I know its a stretch but china is in the UN so technically they are an ally of ours.
Being in the UN doesn't mean they are our allies. The UN includes some of our sworn enemies... You are thinking about NATO I suspect.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

Are you an Ohioan that is interested in becoming more active in the fight for your 2A rights? PM me or click here!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Sightron S1 and S2 series scopes are made in the Philippines. S3 and SV series scopes are made in Japan. Lot's of fans. I recall when they first came on the market back in the mid 90's. They were offered for a good price and have a good reputation. They are owned by a Japanese company specializing in microscopes. I may need to look through one if I see one at a gun shop.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightro...iflescope.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page