Oliver North announced Saturday that he will not seek a second term as president - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:49 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd View Post

You do throw a lot of stones being from Texas.
LOL! 🤣

Did I hit you with one of'em?

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
LOL! 🤣

No not at all, I was just thinking is everyone one in Texas corrupt or just some because LBJ won by a landslide. And I have been to Texas nice place.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
Quote:
LOL! 🤣

No not at all, I was just thinking is everyone one in Texas corrupt or just some because LBJ won by a landslide. And I have been to Texas nice place.
LBJ was a dog, and in the old days down here, they were called: yellow dog Democrats". i.e. they would vote for an old yellow dog, if the dog was a Democrat.

We also produced GW Bush by the way. I voted for him the first time, but not the second.
We still have a few older folks that fit the description. Farmers percentage wise vote Democrat because they back the farm subsidies.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
LBJ was a dog, and in the old days down here, they were called: yellow dog Democrats". i.e. they would vote for an old yellow dog, if the dog was a Democrat.

We also produced GW Bush by the way. I voted for him the first time, but not the second.
We still have a few older folks that fit the description. Farmers percentage wise vote Democrat because they back the farm subsidies.
LBJ was a Texan but GW lived in Texas but was from Connecticut.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:45 PM
Dee

Well GW likes to be from Texas, and ignorant Texans like him to be from Texas.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:53 AM

DEACONLLB: As you should know from your AF service, LTCs like North run out of military career options when they hit that level of rank and so to improve on their retirement options they often go to work for spy types like the agency. If they are 'lost', it's no real loss to the agency as they were not agency employees, the family is paid handsomely, his picture is placed on the family mantle but not his name on the 'sacred' wall at CIA headquarters. That is how he got whatever 'power' he had. His popularity then led him to the NRA.

dannyd: thank you very 'ef-ing' much. Just sayin'!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:05 PM

Gun Cabinet

I was not aware that LTC was the end as far as rank was concerned when I was in they went on to full Bird C Most of the inlisted men by the time they reached at that time Master Sargent they had their 20 years in and could retire out.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:

I am going to take exception with you here. You really insulted dogs everywhere by calling LBJ one. LBJ was so low he would have had to have an long extension ladder to kiss a snake and the snake would have threw up when he did. He was the best of the best if you are comparing crooked scumbags.

By the way, not all farmers fit your stereotype. 61% of farmers draw nothing from the government so don't **** all farmers for something that 39 percent do. Just trying to be fair here.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Dee

Every farmer I know around here, and in the Texas panhandle draw farm SUBSIDIES.
Many have also doubled down by signing their wife up, and in some cases one or more of their school age children.
I've been in a farming family my entire 69 years.

Some 20 million dollars a year in subsidies go to those raising corn, wheat, soybeans, and rice.

That 39% your talking about are the richest farmers getting the most of the subsidies.

EWG FARM SUBSIDY DATABASE is a very enlightening data base showing the state by state number of farmers receiving the subsidies. Its enormous, and the bigger farmers income because of the government subsidies is estimated to be 30 times that of a normal middle class citizen.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!

Last edited by Dee; 05-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:00 AM

OooooKay, I went to your posted website and clicked on Texas. It states quite plainly that 81% of farms in Texas received no subsidy. I gotcha beat several years on being in a farm family so I know just a teeny bit about the subject. Yeah, we have farm subsidies, some receive them, some manage to abuse them, but 81% of Texas farmers seem to make it on their own.

Now I have a question for you. Which do you see as a worse problem, some small farmer out working and trying to make a living producing something the country needs and getting a helping hand when times get tough or a family living on welfare and doing nothing but producing more kids to get more money from the government? I'm not trying to start a fuss, I'm really interested in your thoughts.

Last edited by oldandslow; 05-10-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page