FL Governor sings bill allowing Teachers to concealed carry - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoggins View Post
I'll chime in here. My daughter just graduated from college, and already has a job as a high school math teacher, in Amarillo, Texas. She is not your stereotypical liberal teacher, she has her own gun, and wants to get her CPL (she was one of the few republican voters in Marquette County, Michigan during the last presidential election). She also wants to carry a gun in the classrooom, with the appropriate training.

She feels that she is there to take care of the kids, including protect them. I wish more teachers, as well as parents and administrators, felt as she does.

My response to the parent that didn't want their child to be in a classroom with a gun, are they ok with their child in a classroom that's unprotected?

Another thought, in addition to aduquate training, the training needs to be ongoing, and the armed person needs to pass a true competency test.

Just a few rambling thoughts.

Tim
My niece is a principal in the Amarillo school district and is very pro gun as well. Maybe they will get together and get something going.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
My niece is a principal in the Amarillo school district and is very pro gun as well. Maybe they will get together and get something going.

Dee - What school does your niece work at? My daughter just finished her student teaching at Crockett Middle School, and will be teaching at Tascosa High School.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page