Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - White Muzzleloading Systems
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
zara_puppy

Default Re: White Muzzleloading Systems

Whoa fellas! Let me step back in here. I greatly appreciate all the help and advice I've received. I've really learned a bunch. I can get conicals from No Excuses and some other sources, I can use Pyrodex or 777 successfully, I understand the principle of a slip fit barrel and I'm beginning to understand the value (not just the monetary value, but values such as workmanship, accuracy, ease and forgiveness) of the White. I also understand the company is no longer in business - so breakage may be a factor - although it's not really a consideration - really, I've got very little in the rifle - if it breaks, well, I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it. I also understand that in a pinch I should get reasonable accuracy with a sabot even with the high twist rate in the barrel.

I now own this rifle based on factors I was looking for - short barrel, stainless barrel, composite stock, caliber smaller than 50, and believe it or not for the reason that it's "bolt handle" is on the left side - and the fact that it was right in front of me for a good price didn't hurt. As I write this I am still undecided what to do but at least I know it is a shootable piece with available fodder. While I consider what is next I will take the time to thoroughly research the muzzle loader "world". So by all means, please continue with advice and options. Again, thanks to all!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome