Should a DNA test be required? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 01:34 PM

Gun Cabinet
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
I would like to see that!
Also DNA tests on General Tso's "Chicken" from the typical Chinese food joint.

I dunno, it may be better to not know, kind of like your family's DNA. I personally don't want to know.

or else...................

God Bless America and Donald Trump !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Good beef is good beef. When the skin comes off there is no telling the difference. I'm an old farm boy and we fed several different colors and mixes. It all tastes the same if it's fed the same.
+1. I think the primary differences are characteristics that benefit the farmer, not the end consumer. Things like how efficiently a given breed converts grain to meat.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
+1. I think the primary differences are characteristics that benefit the farmer, not the end consumer. Things like how efficiently a given breed converts grain to meat.
You got that right
Converting five pounds of feed (just used as an example) with one breed compared to a breed that take six, seven, or even more makes a huge difference in the profit margin. Back in my farmer days black angus was considered one of the poorer breeds in the feed to beef department. I don't have any idea where they fit in that department today although I think there would have been some improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Talking

I would think then They must do a DNA test to prove to you that you are indeed getting what they advertised and you are paying for. Don't want to pay for Angus and get a chunk of Herford.
Maybe sue over false advertising.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 11:03 AM

The other breed associations are kicking themselves every day for not thinking up the marketing strategy that the Angus Assoc did. If the Polled Hereford Assoc did it, then everyone would think that the red and whites through the best beef. Grading is what is separates good beef from bad, not the color of the hide... Most of the American breeds are very similar when on a hook, now Wagyu is some crazy looking beef!

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page