Cooking pots & pans. - Page 6 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 12:04 PM

I bought a Calphalon dutch oven from T.J. Maxx a few months back.
Paid just under thirty bucks for it if I remember right.
It had a few marks inside so it was a second.
Well now more and more streaks, and I have not used metal utensils in it, are showing where the non-stick is gone and copper underneath is showing.
I am debating what to do; toss it or just keep using it.
I have considered sending a e mail to Calphalon and see how they respond.

My cousin gave me an elelctric waffle maker for Christmas that only heats on one side. He got it on Black Friday at Menard's and did not save the receipt.
I may just take it down and see it they will exchange it for another one.

Sharon bought a Johnsonville Brand brat maker. It works but as far as I am concerned it was a waste of money as a frying pan would work just as well.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 01-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Yes, more and more I think, for many of those things which are "only sold on TV"..there is a reason.. Namely , I think they want to put a "full court press' to sell as many as possible in as short a time as possible..then close shop and disappear before their product starts failing.

That is exactly why I inquired here, believing the folks here would give me the "straight dope" on the products..which I believe they did ..

I don't always trust the "reviews" part of the sales sites either..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
My cousin gave me an elelctric waffle maker for Christmas that only heats on one side. He got it on Black Friday at Menard's and did not save the receipt.
I may just take it down and see it they will exchange it for another one.

Sharon bought a Johnsonville Brand brat maker. It works but as far as I am concerned it was a waste of money as a frying pan would work just as well.
Menards here, has a puter by the service desk, and you can look up what you bought and print a new receipt.

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Zeak

Got one of them Gotham pans and it sucks. Had it just little over a month, work good for the first week or two,now everything sticks even with a little oil. Eggs stick real bad,it was headed to the trash can but wife stop me. Sad thing we got another one for Christmas.
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 PM

Try only using it on low/simmer to no more than med heat and after use, while still hot, put a little water in and back on the stove to sit and cool.
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 08:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to Zeak

The pan has never been on heat higher than med,and usually lower. The wife put it in the dishwasher, or wash it in hot soapy water with a rough pad. She can kill a pan in a hurry, metal spatulas in non stick. I like cast iron,but have glass cook top. It may not have been the pan,but the user.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeak View Post
The pan has never been on heat higher than med,and usually lower. The wife put it in the dishwasher, or wash it in hot soapy water with a rough pad. She can kill a pan in a hurry, metal spatulas in non stick. I like cast iron,but have glass cook top. It may not have been the pan,but the user.
My brother has one of those pans, has had it over a year and it's still working just fine.

He IS careful with it though...

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Hey..have to be very careful with the new, miracle pans, no metal spatulas, don't get too hot etc, etc. Maybe grandma was right after all, and we should all go back to cast iron...LOL

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 08:51 AM

Talking

HOW TO COOK WITH NONSTICK
Never use cooking spray. Aerosol cooking spray leaves a gummy residue that is difficult to remove, and that residue will cause food to stick. Instead, use an oil mister filled with olive or vegetable oil, or dab a bit of oil on a paper towel and carefully wipe the interior of the pan.
Use the correct heat setting. Use low heat for warming, simmering and preparing sauces; use medium heat for frying, grilling, sautéing, searing or stir-frying; use high heat for boiling or reducing liquids.
Preheat the pan. Nonstick cookware can take a minute or two longer to preheat compared to aluminum or stainless steel cookware. For best results, make sure your nonstick pan is heated to the proper temperature before adding food.

I use this brand:::
http://www.calphalon.com/en-US/non-s...e:&SearchTab:&
A dutch oven and a covered 10" skillet and love them. All the rest are Fabrwear which also works great and last a very long time as long as you do not over heat them. Warping many times is due to putting a hot pan in water to wash before it cools.

I mostly just wipe the pan or pot out with a paper towel if I need it on the clean side quick.

Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page