Bumble Bee tuna. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:14 AM

first you can tune a piano ,but you cant tune a FISH,,,,,,,,,,,,,went tuna fishing many times ,very expensive outing....yellow fin and blue fin are most desirable for export and steaks ,,albies or foot balls are the canned tuna ..have had it raw on boat ,baked it made salad and steaks ABSOLUTELY TASTELESS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:21 AM

No surprise Starkist is a ripoff, you may want to swear off Starkist...here from American Thinker;

The Minimum Wage, Pelosi, Tuna and American Samoa
Paul Pelosi owns a $17 million investment in H. J. Heinz's company, which in turn owns ~75% of Del Monte Corp's stock. Del Monte is the parent company of StarKist. StarKist Tuna owns one of the two packing plants on American Samoa. Combined both plants employ over 60% of the population paying less than $3.75 a hour in wages.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz5eqa9ax3F
Follow us: @americanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:50 AM

3.75 an hour is good money in American Samoa. What are they supposed to do? Pay New York City wages?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 AM

I agree, doesn't take much skill and knowledge to pack a tuna can.
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:38 AM

Guess I will have to find another brand. Thanks for the heads up IG
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Sometimes Starkist is all that's left on the shelf. Any other band is all sold out. Maybe that's a sign that
not a lot of people like it either. I can definitely taste the difference between it and Bumble Bee.
Especially in those little tuna salad snack cans with the crackers.
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

IG that makes sense I don't like Del Monte ketchup either.
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:38 AM

The Pelosi name was enough for me, too much chance a connection with only 7.5 billion people in the world.
What's the difference? Starkist only buys tuna butts, tuna lips?
best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:59 AM

This is can of Polar tuna, you can actually see the contour of the filet... The sardines and herring have a much less mushy texture as any other brand I've had, better flavor as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11550.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	874.2 KB
ID:	226374  

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Skipjack makes up about 70 percent of the canned or pouched tuna. It's plentiful, so sustainability isn't an issue. ... The downside to canned skipjack is that the texture is often mushy, and the taste can be aggressively fishy. Albacore has a mild taste and produces firm chunks of meat.

https://www.seafoodhealthfacts.org/s...ms/canned-tuna
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...a-is-expensive

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dinin...418-story.html ---- to get their rankings you have to click on the sanwhich.

Thanks once again to Gopher up here, I have tried 80 percent of the brands tested.
I am now going to make myself some Tuna salad with cans of Yellowfin Tuna.
The high buck eco stuff is worth the money; but then I get it here at clearance prices.

From Bumblebee:
THE TYPES OF CANNED TUNA – SOLID WHITE ALBACORE TUNA, CHUNK WHITE ALBACORE TUNA, & CHUNK LIGHT TUNA
Common types of canned tuna include Solid White Albacore Tuna, Chunk White Albacore Tuna, and Chunk Light Tuna. But do you know the true difference between these various types? Let us break it down for you.

Solid White Albacore Tuna, also known as white tuna, possesses a firm and steaky texture. With its lighter colored flesh, commonly found in large albacore tuna, Solid White Albacore Tuna has a mild and fresh-tasting flavor that is great on its own, or in almost any recipe that calls for tuna.

Chunk White Albacore Tuna is another type of white tuna that we often find in the tuna aisle. While Solid White Albacore is packed with larger pieces, Chunk White Albacore Tuna is packed with smaller chunks that are still mild in flavor, firm in texture, and white in color.

Finally, Chunk Light Tuna is sourced from a variety of smaller tuna fish. Chunk Light Tuna typically consists of skipjack, but may also include yellowfin or big-eye tuna. Featuring a softer texture, this tuna tends to be darker in color with smaller, flakier pieces and a stronger flavor. Explore the difference between these various types of canned tuna in our

RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page