post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:57 PM

I like Easter eggs!!! (chocolate)

mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
My mom kept chickens, ducks and turkeys. We ate all the eggs no mater what they came from.

Used to save the eggs from fish we caught and even turtle eggs from turtles we butchered.

I like my eggs cooked about any there is but really favor the over medium with runny yokes to sop up with good toast.

Al
Your taste is the same as mine. We ate a lot of fish eggs from crappy and bluegill in the spring.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:51 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I eat eggs until they are coming out my ears. They say that man can't live by bread alone. I agree but if he has bread for toast and runny egg yokes to mop up then he's apt to live to be a very old man. Oh he needs salt and pepper shakers too. Butter for the toast.....no margarine or other substitute. The only other thing that I can't live without is Coca Cola.

My wife often asks if eggs are ok for supper and she always gets the same answer...."perfect dear"!

Anybody else remember when it was thought that eggs were high in cholesterol and warned about eating to many? Those idjuts! I ate them anyway and am glad that I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
I eat eggs until they are coming out my ears. They say that man can't live by bread alone. I agree but if he has bread for toast and runny egg yokes to mop up then he's apt to live to be a very old man. Oh he needs salt and pepper shakers too. Butter for the toast.....no margarine or other substitute. The only other thing that I can't live without is Coca Cola.

My wife often asks if eggs are ok for supper and she always gets the same answer...."perfect dear"!

Anybody else remember when it was thought that eggs were high in cholesterol and warned about eating to many? Those idjuts! I ate them anyway and am glad that I did.
I lay three slices of buttered toast on my plate, and then cook three eggs, either over easy of sunny side up and slide'em on top of the toast.
That's one of my all time favorite meals.
When I was younger it was six or eight eggs on my toast, a pound of bacon and a quart of cold milk.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:57 PM

recently eggs were .47 cents a dozen at our local Aldies store. That's pretty cheap, eggs are a good food source in lots of ways. Those chickens were working cheap!!

mike
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:50 PM

I can't remember the last time that our grocery list didn't include eggs. It's just my wife and I in our house and we often get 4 dozen of the large eggs every Friday night. She burns through one dozen with her baking talents but the rest are eaten with toast and sometimes hash browns. I'm proud to say that my bird dogs Roy and Cora get one egg each every day too and they also get to lick my plate and I don't even care who likes it!

It's no big deal if we run out of catsup, syrup or even bung fodder, just as long as we have eggs, and bread. We once had power out for 6 days during February do to a nasty ice storm. I just opened the damper on the wood stove a bit so the top of the stove could get good and hot and we made toast and eggs the old fashioned way. The neighbors were all in a panic and we were living like kings. I hooked up an inverter to my truck battery and it gave us enough watts so mom could read books and I could reload ammo and clean guns. I kinda felt like Heimo Korth for a few days!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:38 PM

With all of this egg talk I got hungry for eggs. Tonight I fixed omelets for my wife and I. Eggs are great I like egg sandwiches.

mike
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:51 AM

An egg has more calcium than a glass of milk. Of course you have to eat the shell, and we have a neighbor who does just that. So does my dog.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbelt View Post
An egg has more calcium than a glass of milk. Of course you have to eat the shell, and we have a neighbor who does just that. So does my dog.
Eats the shell ha ah ...so does mine. I have to drop it into his dish so that it breaks or he will screw around with it and break it outside of the dish. Wiping up egg white snot off of the floor isn't fun! He does get most of it. Even dogs are smart enough to know that the yellow is the bestest part!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Poultry based, egg production units. Pretty low maintenance. They spend most of the day out in the yard and put themselves up at night. These hens lay a light blue colored egg. Forget the name. The wife wants to go back to a Brahma hen. Only lost one so far to a predator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2CD88A62-D575-4E60-9E64-F807357FD91E_1552069252752.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	227890  

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page