ok i have a air fryer??? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Default ok i have a air fryer???

wife went and bought one the other day. Question I have is its says to use a bit of oil for things like fries or chicken. Do I have to rub the oil on them or just dump it in the basket? I kind of scratch my head because the basket has holes and it sits about a 1/8 to a 1/4 in off the bottom of the pot and I just don't see what oil sitting below it will do.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:01 AM

This recipe has the french fries soaked in water, to remove some strach and allow better crisping, then only a bit of oil mixed over them and then fried.
thisoldgal.com/air-fryer-french-fries/

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:17 AM

This one, as well, puts the much less oil on the potatoes and it sounds like nothing below the basket.
Looks like the hi temp air blowing does the work as opposed to the immersing the product in hot poison.
/airfryerreviewed.com/perfect-french-fries-air-fryer/

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Our son gave us one for xmas and I love it. I do the cooking now so I have used the air fryer a lot. I buy shoestring potatoes at the store and fix them about 20 minutes shaking them often. I don't use oil at all, that's the point of the air fryer , you don't need it everything comes out crispy and browned on its own. I spray the inside of the fryer with pam so nothing sticks and clean up is a snap. I recommend that you do French fries first to see how it works. I have fixed pork chops, steak, tater tots, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, and green beans. It is great for warming things up, microwave makes things soggy this gadget makes them crisp. If you do use oil (you don't have to) brush a little oil on the product being fixed. Don't pour oil into it you need that space at the bottom to circulate the heat. Read the instructions that come with it. If there is a downside it is that it doesn't hold a lot of anything at one time.

mike
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:35 AM

I'm pretty sure one of those things is coming to my wife's kitchen before long. She's been making noises about one for a time now and after 60+ years of marriage I KNOW what that means. I've been keeping her at bay by asking where she intends to keep the thing. Her kitchen, I know it is because she tell me so when I question her about why she wants another gadget, is FULL. The upper cabinets are a testament to the cabinetmaker that built them's skill or they would have fallen off the walls a long time ago.

After reading this thread I can tell her a little about using her new gadget when it makes it's appearance.

I'm just curious what is going to be thrown out to make room for it.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:50 PM

watch the yard sales and consignment stores, we need only bide our time and the 1/2 price and better deals will be showing up.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:45 PM

My wife has had one for over a year and she cooks a lot of stuff in it. Steaks, chicken, pork, french fries, veggies, you name it. Clean up is a breeze compared to most other ways of cooking - the bottom "pan" is non stick, and even things like chicken or meats the basket isn't hard to clean.

I know there are some things when she puts just a bit of water in the pan so it will generate some steam. Maybe for veggies, I'm not sure.

They come with an instruction book explaining all that!!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
Probably you if you complain about it... Just kiddin

Hmmm, you might just be right. I'm not worried though, she will let me back in when it's dish drying time.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys ill give some fries a try today. I know what you mean about counter space. this thing is big and our counters are already overflowing with gadgets. Scary thing is that the first thing my wife said when I set it on the counter is "we need the kitchen remodeled!!"

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

thanks goodshot. ill give this one a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
This recipe has the french fries soaked in water, to remove some strach and allow better crisping, then only a bit of oil mixed over them and then fried.
thisoldgal.com/air-fryer-french-fries/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page