finally got the grill out - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:48 PM

Location: THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS or CENTRAL FREDONIAN REPUBLIC
Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
yeah, good point, still back to my Weber for me.
yeah webers are really nice.
i had one way back when and one of these hood rats stole
it after about the 3rd time i used it

The United States doesn't have a gun control problem.
We have a people control problem.

Honor the Texas flag;I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:24 PM

Thatís what Iíve got GS. Is a Weber.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:55 PM

I never think of it but my cousin always reminds me,
My home town has a spring and fall clean-up collection; i.e. you put what you do not want tires, mattresses, grills, air-conditioners on the curb and the city picks them up.
You are limited to four items.

Well I have seen them but never though many people put grills, in good condition on the curb as you cannot put them in the garbage and the dump charges to get rid of them.
I have seen Green Egg and similar items on the curb but I am never in town early enough to get it in my head to grab one.
Many people put stuff out days to weeks in advance as often it is gone long before the city picks it up.
My cousin talked to some of the people putting stuff out, including lawn mowers, roto-tillers and snow blowers and many of them work fine but they do not want to go through the hassle of trying to sell them and just want to get rid of them as they take up space.
This fall I am going to try to make an effort to see what is out there I want.

If I do not like it , I can put it out in the spring to get rid of it.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:43 PM

We got our latest grill just before I had my last cancer surgery, which was the day the President was inaugurated. I believe I used it maybe once or twice then didn't touch it for a year, too darn sick at the time. It is a Kingsford that we got at Walmart, already assembled.

Lori had a thing that was supposed to be used in the oven to drain grease from whatever, but she didn't like it and I use it to put the charcoal on. It fits the grill just fine, and the bottom of the grill isn't burned a bit, because there's no fire on it. I also use a Charcoal Chimney, which uses two sheets of newspaper and no charcoal fluid, so there's no charcoal fluid taste. It works great, altho I'm gonna have to get a new one for next year. I've only had the one I'm using for about 8 years or so.....I'm thinking about a stainless steel one with a latch that opens the bottom, making it easier to distribute the coals.

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

had pork but on sale yesterday for 99 cents a lb so I bought 40lbs to make some bratts and sausage. Kept a chunk to cook low and slow on the grill today to make pulled pork. Usually use the smoker but its not worth dragging out and setting up for a small chunk of meat like this.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:04 AM

I built my wife a grill back in the '70's. I kept putting her off until she threatened to hire another welder to build one so I used up a very long day off to build it. 1/4" wall piece of pipe about 30" long with a hinged lid, a piece of line pipe for a vent, sliding plate to regulate the air, and expanded metal in the bottom for the coals to lay on and in top for a rack. Typical oilfield grill made from drops but a little fancier than most. I even made steel wheels from pipe and added a handle to push it around with. We used it for quite a few years and then went to a gas grill and my daughter grabbed the old one and still has it to this day. My son-in-law likes to cook and he's good at it. I've eaten a lot more meat cooked on this old thing since my daughter took it than I did while I used it. I've lost count of the number of expanded metal bottom pieces I've cut for this thing and I was recently warned it's getting close to time for another. I think the top piece has been replaced four times. That's a lot of cooking and my SIL still says it's the best grill he's every used. I used mesquite in it but he uses charcoal.

Last edited by oldandslow; 04-29-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page