Aldi's brands vs. name brands - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Default Aldi's brands vs. name brands

I first heard of Aldis back around 1973 or so, in Wisc. . Oddly that store , closed twenty years ago.
No real surprises but interesting anyway.

https://blog.cheapism.com/aldi-vs-name-brands/

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:49 PM

2 Aldi's within 10 miles of me. Girlfriend shops there weekly for certain items. I've never noticed a difference in what she buys there.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 04:05 PM

I went in one a few months ago and it was a piled up jumbled mess.
Plus, if you needed a cart, you had to put a quarter in a slot to unlock a cart.
I'll pass.

P.S. I turned around and went to a clean store.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:10 PM

Angry

Some things are really good, others are not. Closest one to me is about 30-35 miles. I've only shopped there 2X. Even with my walker I' can not really see all the store, my legs won't let me. They have NO electric carts, and refuse to get any, that pretty well leaves me out. Older and disabled folks have money to spend too, we just spend it somewhere else. Pitiful. CHARLIE.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM

I prefer it over save ur snot. Some stuff is pretty good. I shop multiple stores I used to do all my shopping at one then would cringe when I got the total...
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:01 PM

Ours is mostly filled with budget minded Amish shoppers.. It must be a crappy place to work in because there are a few people running their Butts off filling shelves and running to the checkout Registers. Last time we were there , the Missus had to crawl into the Milk cooler to grab a Gallon of milk....
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 06:56 AM

Never heard of that chain store. Must be a northern store. Save a lot is our cheep store here in Florida. I buy a few things there but not much. Publix is a Florida grocery store that has expended into the SE states. Their stores are clean and the products are handled well and their customer service I’d the best in the area. So do most of my grocery shopping there.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:48 AM

While we do some on-line shopping for groceries at Walmart, I do a lot of shopping at Publix. There is one Aldi over in Columbus, and they are building one almost across from the Walmart in Phenix City. Lori bought some hamburger at the Aldi in Columbus and it was good, even the way it was packaged. We usually get our meats at Terry's in Smith's Station, as they have the very best prices in the area. I won't buy meat from Walmart unless it's prepackaged sausage or bacon.

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
While we do some on-line shopping for groceries at Walmart, I do a lot of shopping at Publix. There is one Aldi over in Columbus, and they are building one almost across from the Walmart in Phenix City. Lori bought some hamburger at the Aldi in Columbus and it was good, even the way it was packaged. We usually get our meats at Terry's in Smith's Station, as they have the very best prices in the area. I won't buy meat from Walmart unless it's prepackaged sausage or bacon.
A new Aldi just opened in Prattville , I had to ask , what sorta store it was . Guess Ill check it out soon . I dont buy meat at Wally world either .
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:31 PM

They handle let’s say, 250 items period. They are 200 fastest moving items they can identify and 50 odd ball “Big Lots” type strangeness.

If you want spices it better be salt or pepper. Cake mix white or chocolate, you get the idea.

They are German based and do have some German products that you don’t normally see.

If you appreciate a one and done sort of store this ain’t it. But for basic staples that brand means nothing you can certainly save money.

Oh, bring bags as they don’t give them away. I like a couple totes in the truck to empty the cart into. The first trip will be strange, give it a few trips. I wouldn’t drive an extra 50’ to go there. But, there are those who will drive a half hour extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page