Minneapolis is nuts! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Default Minneapolis is nuts!

I'm sure that comes as no surprise to those (few) sane people who live there.

Now the city council has banned all new drive-thrus! Wait until you hear their "reasoning" behind the new law.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/minn...151007135.html

I probably shouldn't be so critical - this is definitely the kind of action that will save our planet! Now, if we could just figure out a way to stop those cows from passing gas.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:40 PM

You're half right: It's fruits and nuts. You won't believe me, but it is farther to the left than anything you'll find in California. That's partly because of the passive-aggressive nature of the people of the region. In politics, that translates to screwing the law-abiding taxpayer as much as possible. Tax them, make life harder, make it easier for criminals, etc. They do a great job of having high taxes, poor services, exceedingly poor use of resources and infrastructure, bad roads, and maximum inconvenience at all times. Overall, this translates to benefits for the surrounding metro area, which has a population of about three million in addition to the population of Minneapolis. If you're not rich, homeless, poor just getting by, or a metrosexual, you probably won't be attracted to Minneapolis, and will tend to choose any of the other 250+ municipalities within an hour's drive of downtown.

I've worked in downtown Minneapolis off and on for a total of about 15 years. I went to work. Almost never spent any money in Minneapolis, except for the occasional slice of pizza or sandwich or cup of coffee. I was out of there like a scalded dog at the end of each day.

If stepping over sleeping bums in the skyway during winter doesn't turn you off, then maybe you'll be repulsed by the nearby muslim ghetto which is known as the center of support in the US for muslim extremist terrorism. Or perhaps you prefer to use roads that are impassible every time it snows more than an inch (i.e., practically no snow at all by Minnesota standards.) Don't like that? Well, try widespread alcoholism and drug use. Need a good police force? There are none finer than the men and women in blue employed by the city of Minneapolis: They can ignore any crime or traffic problem except for harmless looking jaywalkers who they immediately pounce on and hassle. Need good roads? Say no more, fam! The roads are mostly bike-only lanes that are practically useless during rush hour because of limited access. Got a home near some businesses? Great! People will park right in your driveway so you can't leave home. Avoiding public nuisances? Well, too bad, bro. Sorry to break it to you, but rowdy and loud businesses like violent bars and pizzerias are strategically located to cause as many problems as possible for the maximum number of tax payers and property owners. Are you black? Well, I don't suppose you wanted a job anyway. But there are plenty of social services that will keep you on the dole!

One of the things that's really conspicuous in Minneapolis is the relatively small number of locally owned businesses when compared to other big cities. Companies like the big national chains will put up with the crap, but it's so unfriendly to business it's unattractive. Compare it to, say Portland Oregon (very liberal) and you find that Portland has a great diversity of local business. Not Minneapolis (or even the surrounding area.)

In general, people live in Minnesota because they don't know any better. Either that, or they're from somewhere else in the midwest (every place else is a real h**l hole), so Minneapolis looks like paradise.

Last edited by conan the librarian; 08-13-2019 at 03:52 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:51 PM

I see you are very fond of Minneapolis... I also just love the big city’s...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
I see you are very fond of Minneapolis... I also just love the big city’s...
I spend a fair amount of time on the road, and I can tell you that people in the Minneapolis area are among the most inconsiderate people anywhere. It's the passive-aggressive mentality. Somebody needs to change lanes to take the next freeway exit? well screw you buddy! I'm not letting you in! I much prefer people in New York City. They're directly hostile, and you can deal with them on that basis. The Minneapolis people are a bunch of cowardly backstabbers. Polite to your face, but they will screw you every way they can once your back is turned. I've often been with consultants and contractors that flew in from other cities and many have remarked on that.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:03 PM

I left out the part about human feces! San Fran gets all the kudos when it comes to the widespread plague of human feces that they allow all over their sidewalks and parks. Copy cats! I've seen more human turds INDOORS on the carpeted floors of the Minneapolis skyway than I've seen on the streets of San Francisco.

Studying to be a pearl diver or an Olympic swimmer? Well, you'll get a lot of practice holding your breath here! You can either hold your breath or you can inhale that horrible fecal air. Trust me, you'll be holding your breath for over five minutes at a time before you know it!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
I'm sure that comes as no surprise to those (few) sane people who live there.

Now the city council has banned all new drive-thrus! Wait until you hear their "reasoning" behind the new law.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/minn...151007135.html

I probably shouldn't be so critical - this is definitely the kind of action that will save our planet! Now, if we could just figure out a way to stop those cows from passing gas.........
I am all for it, if people are too **** lazy to get out of the cars to do something, let them crawl into their rabbit holes and pull the door shut.
I use a drive through maybe three times a year if I am real lazy, the other x dozen times I get off my lazy butt and go inside.

Conan is correct about Minneapolis being a lot of self-serving anal orificia but when down/uptown town areas , already a cluster F for traffic, think they need a drive-through it makes bad much, much worse.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 08-13-2019 at 04:58 PM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:09 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
You're half right: It's fruits and nuts. You won't believe me, but it is farther to the left than anything you'll find in California. That's partly because of the passive-aggressive nature of the people of the region. In politics, that translates to screwing the law-abiding taxpayer as much as possible. Tax them, make life harder, make it easier for criminals, etc. They do a great job of having high taxes, poor services, exceedingly poor use of resources and infrastructure, bad roads, and maximum inconvenience at all times. Overall, this translates to benefits for the surrounding metro area, which has a population of about three million in addition to the population of Minneapolis. If you're not rich, homeless, poor just getting by, or a metrosexual, you probably won't be attracted to Minneapolis, and will tend to choose any of the other 250+ municipalities within an hour's drive of downtown.

I've worked in downtown Minneapolis off and on for a total of about 15 years. I went to work. Almost never spent any money in Minneapolis, except for the occasional slice of pizza or sandwich or cup of coffee. I was out of there like a scalded dog at the end of each day.

If stepping over sleeping bums in the skyway during winter doesn't turn you off, then maybe you'll be repulsed by the nearby muslim ghetto which is known as the center of support in the US for muslim extremist terrorism. Or perhaps you prefer to use roads that are impassible every time it snows more than an inch (i.e., practically no snow at all by Minnesota standards.) Don't like that? Well, try widespread alcoholism and drug use. Need a good police force? There are none finer than the men and women in blue employed by the city of Minneapolis: They can ignore any crime or traffic problem except for harmless looking jaywalkers who they immediately pounce on and hassle. Need good roads? Say no more, fam! The roads are mostly bike-only lanes that are practically useless during rush hour because of limited access. Got a home near some businesses? Great! People will park right in your driveway so you can't leave home. Avoiding public nuisances? Well, too bad, bro. Sorry to break it to you, but rowdy and loud businesses like violent bars and pizzerias are strategically located to cause as many problems as possible for the maximum number of tax payers and property owners. Are you black? Well, I don't suppose you wanted a job anyway. But there are plenty of social services that will keep you on the dole!

One of the things that's really conspicuous in Minneapolis is the relatively small number of locally owned businesses when compared to other big cities. Companies like the big national chains will put up with the crap, but it's so unfriendly to business it's unattractive. Compare it to, say Portland Oregon (very liberal) and you find that Portland has a great diversity of local business. Not Minneapolis (or even the surrounding area.)

In general, people live in Minnesota because they don't know any better. Either that, or they're from somewhere else in the midwest (every place else is a real h**l hole), so Minneapolis looks like paradise.
I'm from somewhere else in the midwest and see it as paradise compared to the Twin Cities. I wouldn't live in that urban jungle for anything! Des Moines is bad enough!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:11 PM

Well, with your glowing assessment of Minneapolis I'm sure the members of this forum will be flocking to book tours of the place.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
I'm from somewhere else in the midwest and see it as paradise compared to the Twin Cities. I wouldn't live in that urban jungle for anything! Des Moines is bad enough!
Well, there's always California. I'm mostly referring to the bigger cities in the midwest. All except Minneapolis are in economic decline and they're losing population.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Well, with your glowing assessment of Minneapolis I'm sure the members of this forum will be flocking to book tours of the place.
Come on over! The peak of the construction season is here, so you can't get anywhere by road unless you take a bunch of delays and detours. They plan it that way, so that, for example, all of the major east-west roads are under construction simultaneously, and there are no good alternative routes. Road construction is a major thing in Minnesota. People from the south can't fathom it. The roads don't last long because of the extreme climate, so they are under constant repair.

If now is inconvenient for you, consider coming in late march or early April for the pot-hole season. Bring a 4wd Kenworth with you because anything smaller will fall into a pothole and we may never see you again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page