Cure for curiosity - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

I just returned from a failed adventure that involved my firm commitment to try all of the major burger chains once. I gave up. I just can't do it. I was in Alabama and my first target was whataburger. I got a whataburger and fries. Gak! That was the end of that. I lost all curiosity about chain burgers and I'll just stick with the occasional Burger King double cheeseburger and fries.

I will say that the whataburger restaurant was clean, professional, and the food is of very good quality. But it reminds me of chick fil a. High quality, but I don't like to eat it.

I'd say give them a try if you're looking for a good quality chain burger. It's just not my cup of tea.

I ended my burger adventure at the first place I tried.

Strong recommendation is that if you don't like the thin and yucky flavorless papier-mch fries at McDonald's, you won't like the fries at whataburger either. Their ketchup sucks too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 AM

Gun Cabinet

I don't eat burgers out much but last week I contemplated, but didn't try a whataburger. What exactly about the whataburger BURGER was it that you didn't like as compared to BK burger?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 AM

At least there was meat between the bun. Burger King is trying vegan, and Dunkin Donuts just came out with their idea of vegan......Who said, "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables?"

Must be another make America Euopean again, like "lumens" instead of candlepower. Metric instead of SAE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scar View Post
I don't eat burgers out much but last week I contemplated, but didn't try a whataburger. What exactly about the whataburger BURGER was it that you didn't like as compared to BK burger?
Flavor and texture. The flavors seemed weird. The texture was pasty. It's also a very large burger. I like the bk burger because of its flavor texture and size. And it's price.

It's a matter of taste. I'd say try it. Hey are good quality. I hated the fries and left most of the fries and about half of the burger. I tried to like the burger. The fries were a no go after the first bite.

Last edited by conan the librarian; 11-07-2019 at 09:56 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM

There isn't a Whataburger anywhere close to me but I have been in two of them in more larger towns. Kinda OK is the best review I can give for both. I avoid the closest Burger King like the plague. Worst burger I've ever had and I was surprised as Burger King is usually OK. My favorite is a local joint. It's a big burger and good. I don't go there much as they contain a lot of calories.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

I think I was traumatized by the experience. I think I may have developed a fear of hamburgers.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 05:11 PM

Gun Cabinet

Maybe it was the armadillo meat? I've heard they eat good...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 PM

BK does put out some fine whoppers, but my all time favorite is "in and out burger."

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
There isn't a Whataburger anywhere close to me but I have been in two of them in more larger towns. Kinda OK is the best review I can give for both. I avoid the closest Burger King like the plague. Worst burger I've ever had and I was surprised as Burger King is usually OK.
Even in fast food the food is only as good as the cook.
We have two Culver's on opposite sides of town, I tried both and one I will not go back to, ever.

RR
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 01:04 AM

I think they are all different due to who is running the shop? Ill only go to a ffr if the cooks meet my requirements. I E. They are more concerned with cooking than who they are cooking for. They are not scratching there head or ass while cooking. The person running the register and handling money does not have their finger in my cup or food. O K they all fail...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page