Favorite breakfast meat - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Default Favorite breakfast meat

For me it's a toss up between kielbasa and pre cooked sausage links. I cut a four inch hunk of kielbasa down the middle and fry it along with potatoes and onions. I serve the kielbasa to the side of the potatoes and put a fried egg on top of the potato. Yum.

Two sausage links are good on a piece of toast, and topped with a poached egg.

Bacon? Sausage patty? Not for me when I'm doing the cooking.

Ham? Diced and in an omelet filling sometimes. Sometimes a piece of ham steak along with an omelet filled with mushroom and spinach.

Steak? Never.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:13 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I like it all as long as I have my eggs over easy to go with it....along with some of those string hash browns.

I like biscuits and sausage gravy with my eggs as well.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Obviously ya'll ain't from the South...Good country sausage with a little sage is a distant second...but they ain't but one # ONE...BACON, Bacon, bacon...then mo bacon...YEAH!
Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Is bacon a southern thing? It thought it was all about ham. That's what I look for when I'm in the south. There's a lot of good ham available, and in many different ways of making it.

The only remarkable bacon I've ever had in the south was bacon with rind still on it. Chewy and good. Wish I could find some more. Otherwise, bacon I've had in the south has been just ordinary in terms of quality.

Last edited by conan the librarian; 12-02-2019 at 09:54 AM.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:08 AM

My own sausage. I like bulk and links but prefer the links. Second to that is bacon. Like pork steak and eggs and venison back strap and eggs once in a while too. Id say sausage is king in this house but my wife would argue for bacon.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:51 AM

Sausage, eggs over easy, grits with sausage gravy over them. I can easily substitute bacon, itís certainly more common on my plate.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

I have never had sausage gravy. But that does remind me of something.

Chicken fried steak. I have tried that. I do like it. It was at a restaurant. Not the kind of thing I want to eat with any regularity, but it was tasty. There was gravy on it, but did not have sausage in the gravy.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:37 AM

now if you want to think you've died and gone to heaven. Slice some taters and onion and fry them in butter. Then take some venison back strap or cube steak and chicken fry it. Lay that steak on top of the potatoes and ladel on some sausage gravy. If I was getting executed tommarow that's the meal id ask for! For breakfast it would be home made bucuits with scambled egg with some cheddar cheese added over the biscuits then a few sausage patties on top of that and sausage gravy ladeled over that. Sausage gravy is one of the main food groups in my house. Week doesn't go by that sausage gravy or venison aren't used for a meal AT LEAST once. Heck ill even salute the southerners once in a while and make grits but it has to have sausage gravy on them. Used to do them with bacon grease but that's a even a bit unhealthy for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post

Chicken fried steak. I have tried that. I do like it. It was at a restaurant. Not the kind of thing I want to eat with any regularity, but it was tasty. There was gravy on it, but did not have sausage in the gravy.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Chop some sausage into that cook it to release flavor, and youíve got sausage gravy.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
now if you want to think you've died and gone to heaven. Slice some taters and onion and fry them in butter. Then take some venison back strap or cube steak and chicken fry it. Lay that steak on top of the potatoes and ladel on some sausage gravy. If i was getting executed tommarow that's the meal id ask for! For breakfast it would be home made bucuits with scambled egg with some cheddar cheese added over the biscuits then a few sausage patties on top of that and sausage gravy ladeled over that. Sausage gravy is one of the main food groups in my house. Week doesn't go by that sausage gravy or venison aren't used for a meal at least once. Heck ill even salute the southerners once in a while and make grits but it has to have sausage gravy on them. Used to do them with bacon grease but that's a even a bit unhealthy for me.
Quote:
i have never had sausage gravy. But that does remind me of something.

Chicken fried steak. I have tried that. I do like it. It was at a restaurant. Not the kind of thing i want to eat with any regularity, but it was tasty. There was gravy on it, but did not have sausage in the gravy.
^^^^100% ^^^^

cw

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page