Combo kuerig update - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Default Combo kuerig update

It was great----until it wasn't. Yesterday afternoon our son came by for coffee and put on a pot. It made about a third of a pot and quit. I tried again this morning and it managed about a fourth of a pot and quit. We bought it at Walmart because they had by far the best price I could find. I'm hauling it back for an exchange shortly. It's nowhere close to being past their 90 day return policy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
It was great----until it wasn't. Yesterday afternoon our son came by for coffee and put on a pot. It made about a third of a pot and quit. I tried again this morning and it managed about a fourth of a pot and quit. We bought it at Walmart because they had by far the best price I could find. I'm hauling it back for an exchange shortly. It's nowhere close to being past their 90 day return policy.
I'm sorry that you have experienced this inconvenience. Hopefully Walmart will make a smooth exchange for you.

For your future consideration, I recommend the following policy that I learned to abide by via the hard way: never buy anything at Walmart that you expect to last.

They sell junk and I will give you a particularly horrifying example from my own experience. When you buy Winchester AA shot shell trap and skeet loads you are often buying them with the intent of reloading them, correct? I bought a couple of boxes of AAs at Walmart and almost none of them could be reloaded. The plastic split on first firing. I have never had anything like that happen with other AAs I've bought and usually got five to seven reloading from each hull.

There have been similar things that convinced me that the companies that supply Walmart sell their inferior goods through Walmart. Toilet paper? Ok. Toothpaste? Ok. Stuff that lasts? Nope, nope, a thousand times nope.

Since I quit buying at Walmart and switched to shopping Target for such legendary Conan equipment as an instant pot and some other kitchen stuff, I have had no problems.

Last edited by conan the librarian; 12-28-2019 at 03:12 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

I donít have the luxury of multiple places to shop. Other than Walmart and K-Mart I would have to make a trip of over 200 miles. Thatís one of the drawbacks of living in an uncrowned area but I prefer it to dealing with hordes of people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
I donít have the luxury of multiple places to shop. Other than Walmart and K-Mart I would have to make a trip of over 200 miles. Thatís one of the drawbacks of living in an uncrowned area but I prefer it to dealing with hordes of people.
Then do mail order from a reputable company.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:

And THAT Sir, makes me more than a little jealous! I am envious of your choice of area, wish I could have done the same......
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 09:25 AM

im the last one that will usually defend Walmart but I don't buy the Winchester makes a totally different hull to load shotgun shells for Walmart of coffee pot makers make them out of substandard parts so Walmart can sell them cheaper. For one thing it just wouldn't make economic sense to set up two machines and buy different stock to make two different hulls. One for Walmart and one for target. What you might see is an older model for sale cheaper. Like in there tvs. they have great deals on outdated models but there sure not tvs that are made any different then they originally were when they sold it electronic stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
I'm sorry that you have experienced this inconvenience. Hopefully Walmart will make a smooth exchange for you.

For your future consideration, I recommend the following policy that I learned to abide by via the hard way: never buy anything at Walmart that you expect to last.

They sell junk and I will give you a particularly horrifying example from my own experience. When you buy Winchester AA shot shell trap and skeet loads you are often buying them with the intent of reloading them, correct? I bought a couple of boxes of AAs at Walmart and almost none of them could be reloaded. The plastic split on first firing. I have never had anything like that happen with other AAs I've bought and usually got five to seven reloading from each hull.

There have been similar things that convinced me that the companies that supply Walmart sell their inferior goods through Walmart. Toilet paper? Ok. Toothpaste? Ok. Stuff that lasts? Nope, nope, a thousand times nope.

Since I quit buying at Walmart and switched to shopping Target for such legendary Conan equipment as an instant pot and some other kitchen stuff, I have had no problems.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

I also don't believe that manufactuers turn out lesser products for Walmart to sell. I'll post an example. Several years ago we bought a regular Kuerig at Walmart and it has seen a lot of use. We gave it to our son when we bought this one that quit and it's still doing it's job. The products that Walmart sells come off the same assembly line made to the same specs as every other retailer gets. Can you imagine the logistic nightmare it would be for a company to make a lesser quality product for Walmart plus the damage it would do to a company's reputation to do this? Ain't happin' in my book.

Anyway the thing has a one year warranty but the good thing is that for a 90 day period I can just return it to Walmart for any reason and get a refund or exchange, my choice. How many other retailers allow this long a time frame for returns?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
Then do mail order from a reputable company.
Conan, if the situation there, is anything like around here you shouldn't 't have to buy new shells.

Last I knew, our local club has about 40 bushels or more, if them if you want them.

Actually, they are hung with all the empties...what to do with them? It must have been 3-4 years ago, when a

fellow here on GBO mentioned that he could use some empties, so I contacted him and filled the bed of his

F-150 with empties! He hasn't been back..probably because he got enough to last a lifetime.

Perhaps you can contact a local club...since there is little can be done with empties..or come here and get a tuck load..

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 03:01 PM

I used to say the same thing about Menards, for good reason, like sending back 4 door frames for damage, but they cleaned up their act.
Does Winchester know what goes to Walmart and what does not, I am quite sure they do plus some times there are bad batches of any product, so why not sell it to a chain that is huge and can absorb any bad publicity without blinking an eye.

RR
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

I have given up on Winchester 22LR and 17 HMR and I didnít buy one round of either of at Walmart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page