Deer burger my way - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Default Deer burger my way

I grind my burger pure after spending some amount of time making sure there are no glands blood or fat in the meat. Then vacuum pack and freeze in pound packages. If I want to add anything to it I do so at cooking time which for me consists of salt, pepper. Minced onion and a bit of sugar. 1/3 tsp?. Then I form the patties and coat them in melted bacon grease. After that I set them aside and get the grill hot, cleaned and oiled. When I cook them I want them just done or they become dry. It’s not easy but f you nail it they are mouth watering... Some like there’s pink but for me the flavor is better when just done.

Make America great. Steel for the wall so we don’t need cannons to shoot these turds back across the border...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Anyone besides me that grinds deer pure and package that way? No salt, no lard of any kind or sausage or beef burger blend?

Make America great. Steel for the wall so we don’t need cannons to shoot these turds back across the border...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 09:10 PM

grind mime pure, then for burgers us olive oil or bacon grease and seasoned meat tenderizer to make burgers. about a 1/5 cup fat and a table spoon of seasoned meat tenderizer makes some of the best burgers you will ever have. for soup stew, chili etc i use without the fat and tenderizer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:43 AM

My Darlin' Bride made venison tacos yesterday using stew meat that she rendered to 'pulled' after cooking in her mysteriously delicious blend of spices and 'erbs' and they were muchos yummy. She has her own signature salsa, made with ingredients from our own garden, including the hot peppers, and it is incredible.

for burgers, the ground venison we use is just delicious. Had son friends over who didn't know it was venison and wouldn't have cared so it seems, they ate all of them.....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 10:12 AM

Yeah, I grind mine pure as well and cleaned very well of sinew and tallow, vac pack, then cook with fat. Fats used depends what I have around, butter, duck, pork, beef, bacon - they all add goodness in there own way.

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 10:21 AM

I process my own gourmet deer burger, some with bacon for fat and some plain. I add black pepper and some Lawry seasoned salt to the mixtures. We make burritos mostly and add Tones Taco seasoning in the pan. The results are great tasting and disappear quickly! The bacon add is mainly for the flavor and I use it sparingly. No one has ever complained and all have gone back for another one. Even after I tell the unknowing victims they are eating deer!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 PM

Grind and freeze mine pure also and then add things to it before cooking.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook View Post
Grind and freeze mine pure also and then add things to it before cooking.
Same here...

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 02:29 AM

I know nothing about venison. Does it require added fat or oil to cook it without having it stick to in whatever pot, grill or skillet it's cooked? My mom made some in the middle 1960s. It was terrible! I'll never try it again...

The American People must forever retain the Right to own the arms best-designed and best-suited to bring an expeditious end to any tyrant whom would deign to separate The People from their Liberty as bestowed upon them by God.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 05:41 AM

yup its dry with no fat and tastes pretty bland without adding oil, grease or seasonings. it will stick to the pan without cooking in oil and tends to fall apart on the grill. Its why most good burger joints don't use lean burger. Beef fat is flavor. now if your health consciences and are worried about your cholesterol I can see it. you an add oil to keep it from sticking but why not just add fat and get the flavor too. I can almost agree with you. Ill eat a lean beef or venison burger but when we grew up we ate ALOT of venison. Dad ground it plain because he wasn't about to buy beef or pork to mix in with it. It was like a treat at our house when we ran out of venison burger and got some real burger with fat in it. What lean venison is great for is anything like spaghetti or chili or anything in a sauce. But a hamburger? make mine with 10-15 percent beef fat. Its kind of like why you don't trim away all the fat on a rib eye or porterhouse before you cook it. its why you look for a steak with fat marbled in it.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page