Crickett pistol - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Default Crickett pistol

Anybody ever use one of these for silhouette?

http://www.crickett.com/crickett_hun...gh49foe0b1uq03

For less than $175 it looks like fun to play with. From what I read they are quite accurate.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Crickett pistol

I have seen a few but did not try them. If you already had a t/c contender frame you could add a .22 barrel for around the same outlay if you could live with the factory sights.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 PM

I talked to a guy last week at a shoot said he loved his and had shot a couple of 40's with it (IHMSA)
I watched his very small son shoot it and he was wearing them out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

I got mine last weekend. Picked it up from my favorite gun dealer while he was at a gun show. I also found a deal on an old El Paso T-10 so that came home with me too. I mounted up the scope (their factory mounts are lame. I'm gonna make a decent one soon.) and tried it out at the range. Off the bench it kept most shots touching at 50 yards, and could hit a golf ball sized target most of the time at 100. Trigger is terrible, but I can fix that.

Today I shot it in a match (see the post about taco style revolver shooting for the other gun) and finished with a 30. Funny thing was it was also a pistol caliber lever gun match and I got the highest score of anybody. Woo-hoo, this thing really shoots! It's reasonably comfortable to hold, super simple to operate, and once I get the trigger done it's going to be really sweet.

So, if anybody wants a nice simple .22 pistol check these out. They really do work and look like they'll hold up reasonably well. (ask me about that in a few years...)

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 AM

sounds like you found a winner
Let me know how the trigger job goes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page