Sure wish Somebody would make the 25 souper a factory round. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Sure wish Somebody would make the 25 souper a factory round.

back when I was working and had money I wanted custom rifle in 308 necked to 25. I to claim 25s as my favorites. I already had three 250s 2 257s 2 2506s and a 257. At that time I was just more into big bore revolvers and that's where my custom money went. A 257 rob will give very similar ballistics as will a 250 ack. Another one that's peaked my interest is the 25 wssm. My buddy bought an browning for his son when they were being closed out for next to nothing. things a real shooter and cute as a button. Only downside I could see is short brass life. He cant find ammo so I load for him. Ive seen factory brass with splits after the first shooting. Usually 2 reloads is about it for a piece of brass. What I really would like to have is an ar15 chambered in it. But a guy would have to find a lot of brass to make it worth while and that's kept me from doing it. the 257 rob is about as close as its going to get without building a rilfe. It is much closer to what you want then it is to the 2506 which will outpace it in my guns by a good 200 fps.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:59 AM

I wanted a 6.5x06, I got one! If I wanted a 25 Sooper, I'd get one. You wait on a factory to build one and you'll wait a long time! Probably never see it. To many cartridge's around that will do the same thing! If you want a 25 Sooper, have one made up! I did that with my 6.5x06. I doubt any factory is going to mass produce it. I could tell you all the advantages of a 6.5x06 over other 6.5's but mostly the advantage is, I have one and you don't! The cartridge selection found in factory ammo is over run with cartridge's that do the same as something else that's also factory produced. So you want a 25 Sooper, go for it! Don't wait on a factory to provide it. Just a thought, if a company did produce it but called it a 250 Remchester, would you go out and get one?
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 01:13 PM

i run a 90gr serria bullet at right on 3300fps out of a 722 remington 257 roberts , cases are easy to make out of 7x57 mauser if you can,t get factory cases. eastbank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:38 PM

The 25 Souper AI'd would be the way to go, get away from that sloped shoulder and ease up on the case stretching and neck trimming. Same for the 243.

I stand for the Republic and all who oppose me be cursed!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:44 PM

Maybe Remington will do it. If they do, it willbe the deathnell for the cartridge. I'd like to see it commercialized. Now would seem to be a good time for it considering the success of the 6 and 6.5 creedmore.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:09 PM

Yes, the Rem marketing leaves alot to be desired !

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:34 PM

It would be a far better thing for Hornady to do it.

Because of who owns them, and what they have become, I have given up on remington :-((

Jim
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:53 PM

I have a 25-06 don't have a problem with the action, it is a Thompson center single shot TCR 87 heavy conture custom shop barrel in 25-06 shoots great.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedman View Post
You could find a Savage 99 in 250 Savage and rechamber it to 25 Souper. The newer 99's were made for 2.8" cartridge length.

jedman
If I had one, it would stay a .250 Savage. If I had two maybe one of them would get the treatment.

EJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page