Range Report - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Default Range Report

257 wby, does this qualify as small?

Finally broke free, swam the swamp turned pond, and lit a fire in the Weatherby Vanguard II.

Took a bit to get my brain working, clutch wouldn’t engage. Crosshairs up, bullet up, whatever let’s turn the dial. Wind blowing the target face off, 3 100 yard hikes without a shot fired. 10 rounds later she’s printing 1” high and on center ( 12-15 mph wind not withstanding).

Now to the interesting part. As I sit staring at the dials working the clutch lever I notice what appears to be a dog walking across the front of the bench area. It’s just at the edge of my vision. The thought crosses my mind that this is a very poor place for a dog to be wandering. I focus on this, and find a whitetail fawn 4’ from my muzzle, wandering along big as you please. Not to be bashful the little guy meets me on the walking lane back from the target at about 25’.

Now back to the range report. The rifle is a Back Country model. Pretty much a top of the line Vanguard II , Bell& Carlson stock, fluted barrel, Ceracoat, you get the idea. Trigger is lighter than I’m used to, genuine surprise when she breaks. Bolt travels pretty well, Tikka has spoiled me there though, hope to get it loosened up somewhat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:08 AM

I really like the B&C stocks. Very nice looking rifle.

George

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page