Graybeard Outdoors banner

Anybody Got A PC Carbine?

7K views 72 replies 13 participants last post by  ironglow 
#1 ·
Looked at one the other day, and have watched some reviews.
My Henry 4570 may be up for trade.

#2 ·
I have one. Being a lefty I swapped the bolt handle to the left and the mag release to the right. I installed the Glock mag well since Glock mags are so much cheaper. It didn't take many shots to get the peep sights dead on at 25 yards. I mounted a 1.5-4.5x32 scope in quick detach rings and it sighted in easily too at 50 yards. Oh and these guns are +p rated. I bought some Hornady 124 gr XTP +p ammo to try on a deer this season if it's under 50 yards and broadside.

#4 ·
ya im considering one in 40 myself. Already have two ar15s in 9mm so that's covered. Still would like a 40 and 45 carbine. if highpoint would make there guns to use glock mags the decision would be easy but whatever I get has to use my 23 and 22 mags.

#5 ·
My latest is the Hi-point in 10mm. Love it. Also have one in 40 and 45. I can get 2-3 hi-points for the price of one Ruger. Granted the Rugers are better quality rifles, the Hi-points have been 100% reliable and are very accurate. I do wish there were other magazine options though.

#6 ·
Never had a Hi Point, but in handling the PC9, I liked about everything I saw except the caliber.

#7 ·
I have been eyeing the PC carbine too. I want to put a hog hunt on my bucket list, plus the rifle could double for deer.

Really, I was hoping they would come out with a .357 mag model, which would be ideal.

However, I may have to take a look at the .40 model.

#9 ·
I have been eyeing the PC carbine too. I want to put a hog hunt on my bucket list, plus the rifle could double for deer.

Really, I was hoping they would come out with a .357 mag model, which would be ideal.

Getting 1550 FPS with 180 XTP out of the Hi-point 10mm using No9. That is 44 mag energy level at the muzzle. :) Great deer or hog medicine.

I have not tried the 180 in the 40 S&W carbine, but with 135 grain Noslers, was getting 1605 FPS at muzzle.

Now y'all have my curiosity up. Going to have to try my 180grain XTP load for my 5" M&P (1170FPS) in the 40 Hi-point carbine and see what I get.

Rosewood

#8 ·
A .40 would be nice. Being a takedown I wonder if it would be a simple barrel swap? My wish list would be a .45 ACP.

#10 ·
i don't see why a .40 wouldn't work well out of one of these guns.
it says in the specs that it uses 10/22 trigger parts, so i can't see
any problems with trigger pull or creep, etc.
i'd have to pass on a 9. i've already had all of those i ever intend
to have in a handgun or long gun either one.

#12 · (Edited)
Another reason or two why I like the Ruger PC model..

I am not a fan of the "mattel" style guns.. Yes, my grandsons are, and I suppose it is a generational thing, plus have endeared itself to my eldest grandson, because of his use of them in combat, plus being an expert gunsmith..starting years ago, with them in the Marines.

Then too, I live in NY State..a backward, blue state, thanks to the big, rotten apple..so anything that even looks like an "assault" rifle, must be severely modified in order to please their panty-waist ideas.

It is looking more and more like a PC .40 may be in my future.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/ru...-carbine-models/comment-page-2/#axzz5snEvyMbY

https://www.range365.com/ruger-releases-m-lok-pc-carbine-in-9mm-and-40-sw-models/

Can anybody here give me some deer/hog hunting experiences with .40 S&W in a carbine?

Are either the .40 or the 10mm likely to become obsolete over the next few years?

#22 ·
there are MILLIONS of 40s out there so it becoming obsolete is about as likely as the 3006 becoming obsolete. you might see fewer guns chambered in it but there will always be a glock 40 in some model. As to the 10 well its never been a #1 seller. Not even a top 5 seller. That said I read the other day that its actually gaining in popularity. Seems like new guns in 10 are coming out all the time. Will it continue? Nobody knows but id say its pretty safe. Do I care? Nope. I handload and have a couple thousand rounds of brass and cast my own bullets so mine will be fed well for a long time. If they took all factory ammo for every caliber off the market tommarow id be fine till I die. Grandkids might run into problems feeding them but I wont be around to see it.
Another reason or two why I like the Ruger PC model..

I am not a fan of the "mattel" style guns.. Yes, my grandsons are, and I suppose it is a generational thing, plus have endeared itself to my eldest grandson, because of his use of them in combat, plus being an expert gunsmith..starting years ago, with them in the Marines.

Then too, I live in NY State..a backward, blue state, thanks to the big, rotten apple..so anything that even looks like an "assault" rifle, must be severely modified in order to please their panty-waist ideas.

It is looking more and more like a PC .40 may be in my future.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/ru...-carbine-models/comment-page-2/#axzz5snEvyMbY

https://www.range365.com/ruger-releases-m-lok-pc-carbine-in-9mm-and-40-sw-models/

Can anybody here give me some deer/hog hunting experiences with .40 S&W in a carbine?

Are either the .40 or the 10mm likely to become obsolete over the next few years?

#16 ·
Either pistol caliber, or police carbine. I've heard both, but haven't thought enough of it to ask.

#18 ·
I think it was a clever choice by Ruger. I think they intend it to mean pistol caliber but to the anti's they see it as "PC"....

#21 ·
Stopped by my gun dealer this morning to check on my order. He said the PC40 is hard to get, and to check back in Monday as it's on backorder everywhere .

#27 ·
If I got the TNW, or most other semi-auto rifles of the type, I would have to do some re-engineering on the rifle. In this backward state of New York..we are forbidden to have semi autos that look like an "assault" rifle.

I would have to change the stock and do other things..to change it's appearance..musn't frighten the snowflakes..

The Ruger PC doesn't look so much like an "assault" rifle. If I have to, I would paint it in phony wood grain..maybe cover it with wood grain contact paper...:tango_face_wink::tango_face_grin:

#28 ·
I looked and handled the PC 9 and liked the whole setup.
I've always liked the Mini14 feel better than the AR15. It for me, carries, points, and shoots better for me, and is more reliable.
I don't like the magazine lock, or cost of the magazines.
I can put a match grade trigger pull on the Mini14, or the AR15 with the stock trigger, but prefer the 14.
This PC 40 reminds me of the 14, but more versatile, and will pair with my everyday carry glock 23.

#31 ·
It comes with one Ruger mag and the Glock adapter. Ruger mags are pricey so I set mine up for Glock mags. I have Magpul Glock mags in 10, 15, 17, and 33 rounds.

#37 ·
ive had real good luck with the 30 round clear ets mags in my ar15 pistol. They can be picked up between 15 and 20 bucks a piece. About a 1/3 the price of glock mags. Ive got a couple magpuls too but there standard capacity 19 mags and they run as well as my glock mags. Stay away from the glock look alikes. Avoid the kci's like the plague. Bottom line is if you cant afford glock factorys go with the ets or magpuls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.