Ruger 10-22 problem - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Default Ruger 10-22 problem

A friend has a brand new Ruger 10-22 and has problems with loading it. He inserts full magazine, pulls back the bolt to chamber the first round and the bolt sticks and has to be forced forward.

Anybody else encountered this difficulty with this rifle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
dan

your bolt pulled back, will not load a round in chamber. there is a little flat piece of metal behind the trigger guard, that has to be pushed/pulled to get the bolt forward. the bolt does not lock back, on the last round. go you tube, or gun booklet.....dan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 07:24 AM

The bolt release is actually just in front of the trigger guard in the same area as the magazine release but a thin piece of metal. You have to push this thin piece of metal up & back IIRC towards the trigger to release the bolt while holding the bolt open as much as you can. You can feel the tension release on the thin metal piece when you pull the bolt back.

Master Piddler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 10:05 AM

IGM: I used to have that problem when I first got my 10-22 because the bolt release lever or whatever it's called (as JimINTN provided) but because the rifle had a terrible trigger pull I got some parts from a on-line 10-22 source which fixed both problems as I disconnected that lever during the replacement of the parts I ordered.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 01:11 PM

Might just be some junk in there or a spring unhooked causing the bolt hold-open lever to stick in the up position. Should be easy to see what's causing it if you pull the trigger group out and look it over. It's one of the simplest .22's made.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all your replies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in