Quirks of a MICROWAVE - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Default Quirks of a MICROWAVE

You can't kill a roach in a microwave. (Observed by State Pen residents)
-
A spoon left in your coffee cup in the wave doesn't cause lightening or explosions, or in soup either. HMMMMM
-
ear

"my child looked into my eyes and said do you have any food for me?"

"the seven lean cows ate the seven fat cows"

It may not be about how much wealth you have stored as much as it is about how much food do you have and can you keep the thieves from taking it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Default Re: Quirks of a MICROWAVE

Don't ever try to re-heat hard boiled eggs in a microwave....Its like an m-80 going off when they blow....Learned that the hard way.

Larry

Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one. The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeasy
Don't ever try to re-heat hard boiled eggs in a microwave....Its like an m-80 going off when they blow....Learned that the hard way.

Larry
-
Same with bakeing a raw egg in the shell in an oven. Will blow the door open. Guess. One guess only. ear

It may not be about how much wealth you have stored as much as it is about how much food do you have and can you keep the thieves from taking it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 AM

About 30 years ago my mother-in-law attempted to boil and egg in her microwave. Destroyed the unit. Blew a hole right out the top of it. No egg was ever found.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 AM

Interesting. I never damaged a microwave but I blew up a few eggs trying to figure out if I could hard cook a egg in the shell.

I later found that if I put the eggs (out of the shell) in a bowl with a saucer over it for a lid, I could make some OK eggs that way. I finally decided it was better to cook them in a cast iron pan on the stove.

For some serious fun, look up the Mythbusters microwave special. I don't know if it hurts the microwave but a microwaving a CD is pretty cool looking...

Tony
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

I beat the egg, put a little oil in a bowl and then put the egg in. I heat it a minute or so at the time and when almost done I put cheese on top. some egg will stick to the side but I get it off with my fork. ear

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM

: :-\ Man did I learn something here, I did not even know old indians had micro waves.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind
I beat the egg, put a little oil in a bowl and then put the egg in. I heat it a minute or so at the time and when almost done I put cheese on top. some egg will stick to the side but I get it off with my fork. ear
That's the way I settled on too. It must be the best way since we both use it. ;D

Tony
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM

I was 8 when we got our first microwave and made the egg mistake. Mom had shown us how to crack an egg into a coffee cup with water and poach it with a saucer over the cup. So I got the bright Idea to try making hard boiled eggs and put one in a Corel glass bowl with a Corel saucer sitting on top.when the thing went off there wasn't a splinter of the Corel glass big enough to tell that that's what it was anyway. There was a nice layer of yellowish white stuff all over the inside of it too and took a long ibt to clean it off too.

Tacklebury --}>>>>>> Multi-Barrel: .22 LR Versa Pack, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 12 ga. TDC 30", 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .410 20" Full Choke, .50 Cal Huntsman

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver, 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl. and a .45 Cal Huntsman
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM
JTB

A friend tried roasting chestnuts in his microwave. Needless to say he only tried it once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page