May be my last puppy - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:49 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckisred View Post
My setters have been gone for over 10 years. Words cant describe how much those pics make me smile
Get yourself another one, it's the old guy thing to do. I have an 8 month old pup that could out last me but i'll have her until then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Dee

Over the years I've had beagles, raised and trained bird dogs (pointers), but my years training German Shepherd Patrol dogs were my best.
Used'em daily on patrol they were full service dogs, and competed in a five state area making the Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale in 1992 with The United States Police K-9 Association.
My dog of choice now is a 5 year old Blue Heeler with a 1/8 Border Collie bred in.
I got him off a workin ranch in Idaho a day after he was weaned, and sadly he's smarter than me.
Since I've retired, if I'm outside he's with me, but damm I liked that puppy breath when they were babies.😊

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Get yourself another one, it's the old guy thing to do. I have an 8 month old pup that could out last me but i'll have her until then!
Unfortunately gpa, my neighborhood has taken a turn for the worst. Trying to hold on here for about 10 more years. I now have Heidi and she does exactly what I need her to do when the "droopy drawers" walk by the house
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017082595192422.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	230784  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Got 12 years till I'm 85 and then the grandson graduates high school. Want to be there for that. Hope Sis pass's the day before me. She'd be 12 and not a lot of people around want to take in a 12 yr old dog. Better I miss her for a day!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckisred View Post
Unfortunately gpa, my neighborhood has taken a turn for the worst. Trying to hold on here for about 10 more years. I now have Heidi and she does exactly what I need her to do when the "droopy drawers" walk by the house
Good girl Heidi. Roy doesn't like those droopy drawers guys either. They cut through our yard from time to time. One hand holding their cell phone and the other hand hold up their pants. If I see them cutting through then they only do it once. I never could understand why someone can't wear a belt but can tie a hanky around his leg.

When I moved to this house all those years ago the person that I bought it from had a 3 year old Male Rottweiler. The old guy was going into the nursing home and had no family in state. His number one concern was what to do with Jake. I kept Jake(against my wife's best wishes)and he was a great dog! He even got to go raccoon hunting with us, however if we got a live coon on the ground we didn't have to shoot it as Jake took care of it.....he was a little hard on the sides but there were plenty of coon! He was very smart too. He lived to be 13 and went to see his original master in the nursing home when it was warm enough for the old guy to be wheeled out the front door. That old man would cry every time he saw Jake. Also contrary to what they say even after being the only dog on the place for his first three years he acclimated to the two shorthairs in a short amount of time and never fought with my buddies coon hounds.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:12 AM

Heidi will be 3 in August and loves everyone except brown dogs (deer) and droopy drawers. She wiggles and pees whenever any stranger approaches her, except the droopy drawers. She got stomped pretty good by a big doe with fawns as a pup. She runs and plays with fawns now, but if their not spotted, look out. Amazing how smart she is. I don't know where she learned such hatred for the droopy drawers.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:29 PM

Boy, that is one cute pup. If you hadn't said she was a Red, I'd have sworn she was a Golden. Looks just like my Golden from some years ago. Smartest dog I ever owned (and stubbornest too). I still miss him from time to time.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Dee

Well me and ole Rufus put a top on the mule today. Cut it down to size from an old pickup bed cover a neighbor gave me.
I worked and rufus laid in the floor and supervised.
Course when it was time for a test drive hes ready to go.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page