Sis and Stormy are now parents! - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
It seems that every breed of dog that was ever imported gets screwed during line breeding, breeding to faulty dogs and improper paperwork. It is so easy to fake blood work and shuffle records with the AKC that I have for the most part gone away from them. My son and I have two breeds, the Deutsch Drahthaar and German Shorthaired Pointer. The Drahthaar paperwork is all in German and interpretation paperwork comes with all of the registration forms. They look like a German Wirehaired pointer minus the tainted bloodlines that come from faked paperwork that goes to the AKC. My male German Shorthair is 80# and is of the German Moesgaard lineage and my female is 65 lbs and of the Deutsch Kurzhaar lineage. Registration for Kurzhaars is also in German and all paperwork goes to Germany. By breeding the two together they had to be registered through the AKC. AKC will gladly register any Drahthaar or Kurzhaar but they register them as ordinary German Wirehaired and German Shorthaired Pointers. If you do that you have insulted the Kurzhaar and Drahthaar clubs and will be rightfully excommunicated from those clubs. My Kurzhaars mother's owner had already crossed that line so I was guilty of nothing.....but got some very good pups out of that litter.

My son just bought a new Male Drahthaar from SD and paid 2 grand for him. I can already tell that he is going to be worth every penny.

I have only ever hunted with a "Red"(and his name was Red) one time and that was about this time of year last year at Brownells pheasant preserve. He was a stellar performer and had lots of style! I like him a lot! He came from Kansas I believe. Sometimes when bloodline start getting tainted starting over like they did with the Reds is the way to go!
My first pointing dog was a GSP. She went back to Moesgaards Dandy! She was fairly small, 48# but her sire was a bit over 60# That was Moesgaards Copper Dollar. Love my Shorthairs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page