Sis and Stormy are now parents! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Default Sis and Stormy are now parents!

11:05 yesterday morning Sis gave birth to her first pup. When it was all done she had eight, 5 girls and 3 boys.

First pup.

About 6 hrs between the first and second pup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 03:31 PM

That's a whole lotta cute.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 06:49 PM

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

The world famous puppy pile!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 02:30 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Golden Retrievers or Irish Setters, I can't make up my mind from the pictures?

I just sold the last from a litter for which Roy and Cora(German Shorthairs) get the credit. I'm getting too old for the selling pups part. Too sentimental and want to keep them all. I cried when the last one left. I wish you luck in that regard!

They will be oh so cute by the time they are ready to go and each will have his/her own personality.

Watching momma shift all of her attention to taking care of the pups is amazing in itself. Nothing more selfless than what a good mother dog shows towards her pups!

Last edited by gpa&hisguns; 02-26-2020 at 02:35 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 05:02 PM

Thanks D Fischer. Made my day.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Golden Retrievers or Irish Setters, I can't make up my mind from the pictures?

I just sold the last from a litter for which Roy and Cora(German Shorthairs) get the credit. I'm getting too old for the selling pups part. Too sentimental and want to keep them all. I cried when the last one left. I wish you luck in that regard!

They will be oh so cute by the time they are ready to go and each will have his/her own personality.

Watching momma shift all of her attention to taking care of the pups is amazing in itself. Nothing more selfless than what a good mother dog shows towards her pups!
Legally they are Irish Setter's but I hate to admit that. These are the Amer Fld version and most of those that have them call them Red Setter's. Goes back to about 1950-52. Guy's fed up with the AKC Irish Setter show dog found the best female they could and crossed it with a son of 1946 Nat Ch Mississippi Zev, an E. Setter. Compiled record's and approached Amer Fld and AKC to reg them. Both agreed and soon after that the AKC Irish Setter Culb threw a fit about it. They found out in short order there would never be another Dual Ch Irish Setter! Today to reg in AKC you need to have DNA testing done, only breed in America like that. Bottom line is the only thing the Red Setter and Irish Setter have in common is the color of their hair.

Today's Red Setter is much like the Irish Setter as first imported. Awesome in the field! The AKC Irish setter just can't stay with them. This picture of my Stormy is when he was about 5 yrs old and he's never had a hair cut. Weight's 45# in hunting shape!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 07:49 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

It seems that every breed of dog that was ever imported gets screwed during line breeding, breeding to faulty dogs and improper paperwork. It is so easy to fake blood work and shuffle records with the AKC that I have for the most part gone away from them. My son and I have two breeds, the Deutsch Drahthaar and German Shorthaired Pointer. The Drahthaar paperwork is all in German and interpretation paperwork comes with all of the registration forms. They look like a German Wirehaired pointer minus the tainted bloodlines that come from faked paperwork that goes to the AKC. My male German Shorthair is 80# and is of the German Moesgaard lineage and my female is 65 lbs and of the Deutsch Kurzhaar lineage. Registration for Kurzhaars is also in German and all paperwork goes to Germany. By breeding the two together they had to be registered through the AKC. AKC will gladly register any Drahthaar or Kurzhaar but they register them as ordinary German Wirehaired and German Shorthaired Pointers. If you do that you have insulted the Kurzhaar and Drahthaar clubs and will be rightfully excommunicated from those clubs. My Kurzhaars mother's owner had already crossed that line so I was guilty of nothing.....but got some very good pups out of that litter.

My son just bought a new Male Drahthaar from SD and paid 2 grand for him. I can already tell that he is going to be worth every penny.

I have only ever hunted with a "Red"(and his name was Red) one time and that was about this time of year last year at Brownells pheasant preserve. He was a stellar performer and had lots of style! I like him a lot! He came from Kansas I believe. Sometimes when bloodline start getting tainted starting over like they did with the Reds is the way to go!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 07:37 AM

Thanks for those pictures! Nothing cuter than puppies.

I'm afraid I'd have to keep all of them!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casull View Post
that's a whole lotta cute.
+1 :-)

cr

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page