What is the Best Double Action Revolver of All Time? - Page 24 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
It's whatever works for you. I personally really would like to have a korth 357. However unlike my my Buddy Jimmy who has one I didn't become a millionaire the second my mommy died. They are nice though.

For me it would either be my 686-4 4 inch or my GP100 4 inch. I now have the trigger reworked in the GP100 to the point where it's as good as the 686's trigger. Never had a Python but never saw one last past 20,000 rounds without developing timing issues. I would like to try the Kimber but have a 2.5 inch SP101 that covers the same purpose and I can shoot it well.

The one revolver that I have zero interest in is the Rhino. Man those things are ugly! I have thought that about other guns that eventually grew on me but the Rhino doesn't stand a chance.....I just ain't interested.
Ah Grandpa, after reading most of this ten year old thread it is interesting to see how it fluctuates.

What is best, for one who will use it often it is what ever fits his needs best; for absolute fit, finish and accuracy Korth, Manurhin and Janz are as good as it gets.
Some people who work on firearms say the Manurhin M73, not Ruger redo, is better construction than Korth.
Janz is a development off of Korth , when Korth was bankrugt, and is about as good as it gets,period.
I have a Manurhin former Police revolver and from the way it recoils, I can see why it has high class soft grips.
As far as the best, strongest all around revolver, the Colt New Service probably should rank at top.
I have one with two cylinders.

That is what Colt should bring back, not that kinda-sorta Python they did.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 01:37 PM

I really like my ruger sp 101 .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page