Charter 45 Pitbull - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Default Charter 45 Pitbull

Hey Guys,

Was looking at these.....whats you opinion on the Charter 45acp for a carry weapon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 05:10 AM

If there anything like the charter arms guns ive shot and handled id pass and save a few more dollars and buy something else. You trust your life and your familys to a carry gun and its not a piece you want to shop at the bargain cave for.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 01:20 AM

I bought a pitbull 40 when they first came out. I have never had an issue with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 09:09 PM

I'd rather have a bulldog, the rim on the 44 Special should enhance operation and Silvertips expand quite well.

2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional , illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of cr*p by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means.....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 12:51 PM

I've owned a original model Bull Dogs since the mid 80's and it used to be my preferred carry piece before I could carry something a little more packgable. Very effective caliber, and I reload for it.
Noting the comments above, I wasn't aware that Charter made a .357 revolver with an alloy frame, and mine has a steel frame that has not caused me a problem yet.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaRobert View Post
I've owned a original model Bull Dogs since the mid 80's and it used to be my preferred carry piece before I could carry something a little more packgable. Very effective caliber, and I reload for it.
Noting the comments above, I wasn't aware that Charter made a .357 revolver with an alloy frame, and mine has a steel frame that has not caused me a problem yet.
I have a colt cobra alloy frame 38 special, and if you shake it, it sounds like castanets.
I retired it 30 years ago and no more aluminum frames for me.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 03:06 PM

I almost bought one, but with the neuropathy I have I had difficulty opening the cylinder. Save up a few more $$$ and am getting a CZ 75 SP-01

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 05:33 PM

I had a couple of the early 44Spl blued Bulldogs which carried invisibly in a pair of inside vest crossdraw pockets, although 'cheap' then they were not the cheapest or the worst and always functioned; and they came in a small 44 Spl package that nobody else had. As a 44 fan and reloader I made my own Charter Arms friendly cast bullet downloads (kinda 44 S&W pre-spl) as the factory loads were snotty in it, I expect the 45acp will be also, maybe more so. I have often thought I should have kept the better one.....I didnt have that much in it at the time and the money I got out of it went into something long forgotten.....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 05:59 PM

I would wait a couple of weeks . Charter should be shipping there new 45 LONG COLT revolvers. I feel it will be a game changer. in the snubbie carry field.

Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 08:42 PM

Location: NorthEast, USA...where the snow flies and the wind blows

I owned a used Charter Arms Off-Duty in 38spl with Alloy frame, 25 years ago. I shot it less than 200 rounds before I got rid of it and bought my Taurus 85. I was never happy with the quality of the CA. It was very inaccurate (I don't think the timing of the 5 cylinder was set correctly to the throat)...I wasn't going to even bother letting a smith look at it to verify the revolver's issues...it just wasn't worth it for a $125 revolver at the time. I made the trade and still have my Taurus 85.

redhawk

The only stupid question....is the unasked one

Not all who wander....are lost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page