Graybeard Outdoors banner

Sir Richards revolver

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pastorp 
#1 ·
Hi My name is Gary Lorenz , normally I am on the BP Cannon board .
A long time member named Richard Connell passed away in June .

I had become good online freinds with him writing several times a week Richard was 78 years old ,he had been a New York City Police Detective starting in 1961 and retired from that job .

He made duck decoys and some were gifted to Presidents and others including Charles Barkley , apparently Mr Barkley is a decoy collecter . Richard completely reinterpeted anceint nordic runes , and has changed the interpretation of The Morko Gonne which was a cast bronze handgone from the 1300s .

I wish I could tranfer a pic or two from his cannon board posts ,he was very distinguished and thats why I call him "Sir".

He offered to sell me his service revolver , (he would have nothing to do with an auto) a model 10 heavy barrel 4" .

Nothing too spec but he said it had chased bad guys down every ally and across every rooftop in Manhattan . He had it modified too include widening the fixed rear sight reshaping the front sight .

He also added a Tyler T Grip a real 1960s old school lawmans gun ! It's history includeds a shoot out were he killed two perps with to save a thrid BGs life .

I have many firearms but this one is special. It will be here soon !

I'll try and post a pic when I get it .

Gary
after posting I realized my avitar has a pic of The Morko Gonne being held by Charlotte curator of the Stockholm Military Meuseum she is holding THE ORIGANAL next to my cast recreation .

See less See more
#5 ·
I finally received the revolver today ! I am thrilled , the thing really shows some interesting modifications .

I took some pics ,but honestly I don't remember how .....

Is still ,you go to photobuket and copy img ?

Since I took the pics with with my samsung pad I'm hoping I can down load directly from ..my pictures.. to this post ?

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.