Sir Richards revolver - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Default Sir Richards revolver

Hi My name is Gary Lorenz , normally I am on the BP Cannon board .
A long time member named Richard Connell passed away in June .

I had become good online freinds with him writing several times a week Richard was 78 years old ,he had been a New York City Police Detective starting in 1961 and retired from that job .

He made duck decoys and some were gifted to Presidents and others including Charles Barkley , apparently Mr Barkley is a decoy collecter . Richard completely reinterpeted anceint nordic runes , and has changed the interpretation of The Morko Gonne which was a cast bronze handgone from the 1300s .

I wish I could tranfer a pic or two from his cannon board posts ,he was very distinguished and thats why I call him "Sir".

He offered to sell me his service revolver , (he would have nothing to do with an auto) a model 10 heavy barrel 4" .

Nothing too spec but he said it had chased bad guys down every ally and across every rooftop in Manhattan . He had it modified too include widening the fixed rear sight reshaping the front sight .

He also added a Tyler T Grip a real 1960s old school lawmans gun ! It's history includeds a shoot out were he killed two perps with to save a thrid BGs life .

I have many firearms but this one is special. It will be here soon !

I'll try and post a pic when I get it .

Gary
after posting I realized my avitar has a pic of The Morko Gonne being held by Charlotte curator of the Stockholm Military Meuseum she is holding THE ORIGANAL next to my cast recreation .

Curator of the Military Museum in Stockholm holding the origanal Morko with my reproduction!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 09:50 PM

Looking forward to the pictures, sounds like a real treasure!

________
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM

That is indeed a treasure. Sir Richard sounds like a true Patriot. May he rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Well for crikey sakes the revolver finally made it into the mail coming my way !
I will post when it gets here proly on Sat.

Gary

Curator of the Military Museum in Stockholm holding the origanal Morko with my reproduction!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

I finally received the revolver today ! I am thrilled , the thing really shows some interesting modifications .

I took some pics ,but honestly I don't remember how .....

Is still ,you go to photobuket and copy img ?

Since I took the pics with with my samsung pad I'm hoping I can down load directly from ..my pictures.. to this post ?

Gary

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 11:18 AM

Almost 2 years and still no pictures of Sir. Richards gun. Advise, get one of your grandkids to post them for you.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page