Colt Python - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeasy View Post

If I were in the market for a DA revolver for DA use, and wanted the best trigger pull I could get, I would look seriously at the new Python, its that good. I would also wait until Colt gets the "bugs" worked out of the cycling issue. A Blue version is still on my future radar.

Larry
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll wait till the end of the year and get get myself a Python for Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Default Great feedback

[QUOTE=B

If I were in the market for a DA revolver for DA use, and wanted the best trigger pull I could get, I would look seriously at the new Python, its that good. I would also wait until Colt gets the "bugs" worked out of the cycling issue. A Blue version is still on my future
Larry[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the hands on feedback.

I wonder if we will ever see a blue version. These were really nice looking classic Pythons. My bet is that we might see a Night Python, in the same finish as the cobra. It won’t be the deep blue of the classic, but will still look nice.

In one respect at least the Martians are a happy people; they have no lawyers. Edgar Rice Burroughs
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 01:31 AM

Right now (still), they are only available to the highest-volume, most "in" dealers, and they are auctioning them off for stupid money; like $2500-3000. An ordinary dealer has very little chance of seeing one any time in the foreseeable future (and that was before the latest virus panic buying craze started).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old Today, 04:51 PM

I don't know. I have had Colts and I have had Smith and Wessons and I have had Rugers. Both my Pythons went out of time, took them to Colt while back from overseas duty, repaired on the spot for a uniformed soldier and out the door. They were good on the target range and good for target using single action. The double action grip was too long for me but the Smith and Wessons fit me perfectly. For me, for fast in close competition the S&W took it every time. The Colts kept going out of time. The N-Frame S&Ws handled heavy metallic silhouette loads better than the Python and were as strong as the Ruger Blackhawks but the Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum was stronger than the S&Ws.
I shoot the 357 to hunt with at close ranges. I prefer heavy for the bore loads in the 200 gn range. I would not shoot those in a Python but the S&W eats them just fine. The Rugers don't even burp (lol).
I think the best Colt I ever owned was a new Detective Special with the shrouded ejector rod that I purchased in '70 or '71; that had a nice fit. Just sayin'...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page