Hatsan air rifles - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Default Hatsan air rifles

Hello! I've read where the Hatsan made in turkey air rifles are made of German steel, the barrels, cylinders, springs and such metal parts are made of the imported German manufacture steel. Does anyone here know of this?
Thanks for reply!
scout4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Hatsan air rifles

yes , they get their steel from germany. i have had about a dozen of their guns are in my hands for testing. their springers are a bit over sprung and a bit buzzy without a tune, but i have not shot a hatsan that was not accurate. the turkish walnut stocks are beautiful, but the metal finish is somewhat rough, not poorly machined, but just unpolished.every pcp gun from them i have used has been insanely accurate, and they actually give conservative specs in regards to power output, their guns shoot at the power level they claim, usually above
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply grizzlyadams. I appreciate you taken time for your information.
scout4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 09:19 AM

I have had 5 of them.They are project guns and barrel quality varies.the piston seals are undersized and the Quatro trigger while good works much better when tuned up.they are not a gun you just buy and shoot,they will need work fairly early on.I wouldn't buy another.german steel or not it's all force fit together at the factory.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:17 AM

IMO, FWIW...you pay more up front for a German made or British air gun because they have already worked out the most glaring bugs and have the quality and workmanship in them already.

i have two german made air rifles that i purchased new in the 1990's that still work just fine; each have been rebuilt but once.

don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk View Post
IMO, FWIW...you pay more up front for a German made or British air gun because they have already worked out the most glaring bugs and have the quality and workmanship in them already.

i have two german made air rifles that i purchased new in the 1990's that still work just fine; each have been rebuilt but once.
i have to agree with this statement, and should have elaborated more on my post. the hatsans are a tinkerer's gun. and i would not buy one if i was not willing to work on it. they definitely need a tune, and a good cleaning from the factory. properly set up though, they are built like a tank, and can be made into a good shooter. i have not gotten a bad barrel yet, but know people who have. they seem to be cleaning up their act though. where they have paled in the past, was final assemble prep work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page