CZ clones from EAA SAR - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Ol BW
Default CZ clones from EAA SAR

I have been looking at SAR B6P and K2P from EAA. Anybody have any experience with either one or both?

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:36 AM

Default Re: CZ clones from EAA SAR

Well worth the money, Both are decent.
I've only experienced them in 9mm and only target shooting. No hiccups or complaints. (oops retraction) I had a eaa 40 cal once I believe it was a witness?
Good,reliable, Yes I would buy again.
Seems they were all around $300.00
Hope this helps
Sar k2p 2 of them square top
sar b6p 1 of them round top
eaa witness 40 cal round top

United we Stand; Divided we Fall.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Ol BW

I've had a chance to handle one, but not without a trigger lock in place. I'd normally take one down and look it over thoroughly. It seems to be made very well.

All of the reviews I have seen online are very favorable.

There is a local retailer that has them on sale for $249.99. Kinda hard to turn down at that price. Think I'm gonna put one in layaway.

Part of me has a hard time with it being made outside of the USA.

Another part of me justifies with the fact that all the other firearms I've purchased have been made in the USA save a CZ rifle.

BW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 07:31 PM

I have a bunch of CZ 75s. I have two SAR B6P 9mm full size models, two EAA Witness Elite Match 38 supers and three IMI Jericho 941s in 9mm. All of the 9mm clones will interchange magazines with each other and the CZs. I don't know if the super mags interchange. All of my CZs are steel construction as are the IMIs and EAAs, the SAR B6Ps are polymer framed. The weight difference in polymer to steel is noticeable but manageable. The fit and finish, on all the models, are comparable. The shootability is comparable and the reliability is comparable (all have performed with honor and have been given a place of distinction, in our handgun lineup). I bought many of my CZ 75s as surplus or traded for them, so many have been obtained at a more than reasonable rate. I have a few CZs that were not surplus or trades and were somewhat costly...this is were the EAAs and SARs shine. For little money there is an extreme value to be had, so long as one doesn't get hung up, on the names. Buy with confidence. I have seen great results, from all of the CZ clones in our stable.

Hoss
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 12:40 AM

Have had and still do have many witness pistols.Like Star pistols,you can't beat them for the money.Had excellent service from them Buying extra barrels,parts etc..Pretty much all I would buy if I bought more.Highly recommended!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:50 AM

Sarsilmaz weapons are fighting ISIS right now ... doing a pretty good job too. Chances are strong there's more than a few B6s and K2s riding in holster in Syria at this very moment. Turkey also usually fields a strong pistol team in inter-military matches with visiting US troops, and has a healthy national marksmanship program in their country that produces Olympians, so accuracy is valued. And they've been making weapons since 1880, back when they were an Empire. All that to say, they may be inexpensive (even after EAA imports them) but the design has over 40 years of combat testing, and the polymers have 15+ years alone. The same cannot be said for most guns in that price range, and even many that sell for more.

Were it me, and I was only buying one, I'd prefer the B6P over the K2P just because I don't use the rail and imagine holstering and carrying might be a bit easier to figure out without the rail. Now I do have a railed compact CZ and I can see the extra weight under the muzzle being handy even in a polymer frame. I personally don't find myself carrying railed handguns.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 06:04 PM
TM7

I have a SAR B6P in 9mm I bought on a whim and it turned out to be best purchase of the year winner. The interal slide rails run on steel inserts in the polymer frame. The feed ramp is nicely polished and I have never had a malfunction. No need t buy CZ mags since EAA supplies them fr about half price of CZ. The three dot sighting is fast and natural, and points well. Accuracy good but not target good. My trigger push has a tiny creep in it then breaks clean, not noticble in rapid fire. Trigger over travel is noticble. No decocker or chamber
indicator at this price point.

Since its pretty light I like using aluminum case loads to keep it light. People complain about getting a grip on the low profile slide for racking, and also complain about all the molded in graphics. All and all pretty good fr far price. Can be concealed if one must. But not rated for
9mm+ rounds.
....TM7

Last edited by TM7; 12-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:34 PM

I know that this is an old post, but I've got a hankering for a CZ 97. I have been looking at the EAA Witness, but haven't handled one yet, although I believe that Academy Sports has them. I like the full length dust cover that is on my CZ 75 SP01 and on the CZ 97, but I can't think that it's a problem on the EAA. I looked at some IMI pistols but haven't warmed up to them yet.

I just want another .45 pistol. I've been without one for too long.

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 12:09 PM

I own a CZ 75 compact, but don't know anything about these other guns you guys are talking about. I'm going to have to look
them up. I did have a Star years ago, it was good and reliable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page