Graybeard Outdoors banner

Cz 97

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BigAl52 
#1 ·
Any one running or have experience with the CZ 97?
How do you like it? Thin aluminum grips or wood? Which felt best?
Compared to 1911 and Sig P220 fit feel accuracy ?

thanks.

lc

#2 ·
CZ's just fit me better, even the thicker 97 still feels more comfortable to me than a SIG or 1911 or HK. They are consistently on the high end of accuracy out of the box, and can be taken to as good or better than a Les Baer with a little tuning ... for a fraction of the price. At least that's the opinion of a few hardball 1911 shooters I know. Now that CMP has opened the field up, a few 97s are showing up. Aluminum took a little getting used to, rubber just feels more grippy.

Another fine option is an EAA Witness Match; I have a PM from one of the lead CZ smiths in the US expressing his suggestion that out of the box in 45, the EAA is a better value for the money and has an edge in accuracy.

#3 ·
Thanks. I don't need a 97 right now but wanted to start researching.
Like you I like the CZ feel. I sold a P226 a few years ago. The grip was too thick for me. I have a 75 compact. The grip is great and the ergonomics work well for me. I like to hear the same about the 97 (and clones).

lc

#4 ·
I have a 97BD. VERY and I mean VERY accurate. so far has feed, fired and ejected everything I have put through it. CZ has always been great guns for me.

#6 ·
Bought one about a month ago off Gunbroker. I love it. I have 1911's Sig and Kimber. Id rather shoot the CZ. Its more accurate than a Sig I bought at twice the price. CZ's just work for me I have 4 of them and they all shoot great.

#8 ·
I was able to shoot an SP 01 yesterday. What a soft shooting pistol!
@BigAl. Have you ever shot a Sig 220? If so how did the 97 feel in comparison? I had a Sig Tac Op the 1911 and really enjoyed it. I shot it well. I was able to shoot a 220 beside it and enjoyed that pistol. I’m thinking that the trip size and ergonomics on the 97 would be an improvement over the 220 given the tendency for chunky grips on Sigs.

#9 ·
I have owned one and shot one. I gave my 220 to my Grandson. I liked it ok but Sigs sit to high up in my hand for me. I just dont do well with any of the double action Sigs. Goes for most others also. Ive been able to shoot some Smith M&P's ok but the the lower bore axis of the CZ's and the grip shape of the CZ I do alot better with them. Hard to buy a gun when you cant put one in your hand but if you have a larger hand and like the 220 I dont think you will have issues with a 97. I have a CZ P09 it has a larger grip but its very easy to shoot and is another one that is scary accurate. Most people who have never owned a CZ once you buy one you will look at more. Started with a stainless 75B and now have 4.

#10 ·
Have you tried any of the Cajun Gunworks upgrade kits for trigger and hammer? If not it will make you want to upgrade ALL of your CZs after trying the first one. My next upgrade is the barrel bushing on my 75 Compact.

I don’t presently have a 45 but I still have a soft spot for the caliber, dies, brass and primers. Just need a pistol. (Need he said:) ).

#11 ·
I havent tried any trigger mods. I will take a look at those. Yes the Need word isnt used at my house to often except where my wife is concerned. She mentions need quite frequently when it comes to a gun purchase. I just look at her and mention need never entered my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.