100 rounds. - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 08:32 AM

Gun Cabinet

Rob: What is your preferred load for that gun?

Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games. Ernest Hemingway ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM

Gun Cabinet

Id like to see some hard data but legend surrounding the CZ 75 (and 85?) suggest that the slide being built within the frame gives better accuracy due to design. Factory issue the slide is very stiff to rack. After installing the Pro Kit with reduced spring tensions slide operation improved tremendously. I have yet to measure single and double action pull weight. I should put that on my short list for the spring.

After darkness, light.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
Id like to see some hard data but legend surrounding the CZ 75 (and 85?) suggest that the slide being built within the frame gives better accuracy due to design. Factory issue the slide is very stiff to rack. After installing the Pro Kit with reduced spring tensions slide operation improved tremendously. I have yet to measure single and double action pull weight. I should put that on my short list for the spring.
Isn't that because the slide guide rails were built down into the frame and not on top of it? Anyway, dang good
pistols you have to admit that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:45 PM

Gun Cabinet

here my tango 9mm just got it out of the safe w/20 round mag
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post

Pete
I do ok with the 147gr Hornady JHP load. Pete it seems to cycle and fire all of it, even reloads. I want to
do what LC did to his. Not bad for a former commie, and once Nazi country. But they did make guns for both of them.
STG44, and the VZ58 are some of them. The Soviets were accually upset because the VZ58 was much better
rifle than the AK47, it was accurate.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
I’d like to see some hard data but legend surrounding the CZ 75 (and 85?) suggest that the slide being built within the frame gives better accuracy due to design. Factory issue the slide is very stiff to rack. After installing the Pro Kit with reduced spring tensions slide operation improved tremendously. I have yet to measure single and double action pull weight. I should put that on my short list for the spring.
I shot CMP with DD/Master types who've been shooting longer than I've been alive, and they noted that the CZz don't get sloppy over time due to slide/frame fit like other designs will. Until CMP changed the rules, it was only 1911 and Berettas, and if a unit was competing, more often than not they'd bring stuff from the armory that you could manually wobble the slide to frame. We also measured the bore axis of the CZ compared to a Les Baer, and it was a good bit lower, with a nice high grip and solid beavertail and good grip angle - which all adds to the consistency of better accuracy.

The other nice thing is CZ leaves the slide/rails contact rough for a singular wear in. They smooth up nice the way old school machining used to anticipate - they wind up married (wear fitting) to each other uniquely. Other designs pride themselves on universal fit - take a slide of x and put it on frame y and it will still work. Work, yes, but accurate? No. I've heard more than once from a new CZ owner, the inside is rough, not like my Brand-X. To which I say, clean, lube appropriately, and shoot a few 100.

I shot a few hundred NATO loads in the 75BD before I put the Def Carry kit on it - it was a nice solid pull on the slide after that, not rough or overly heavy. Just right.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post

Pete
Pete, I was shooting S&B NATO in it mostly. It's built for NATO; typical Luger isn't as hot. If I get to shoot IPSC/IDPA like I'm hoping to, I'll go down to Berry 124 HP/RN over a softer charge. The P-01 was designed for NATO as well, and with the full dust cover riding the recoil wasn't difficult. But I'm thinking that's going to become the Mrs. house-gun with a light/laser, and a milder diet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page