Sorry for the lack of progress or updates. This project was pushed to the side for a while due to health issues, but my New Year Resolution is to get this done in a timely manner (although nothing is ever truly "done").
So over the past few days I've been chiseling and sanding on the inleting, and today I cut the profile on the ends of the bed and got them roughly sanded round.
It's not my best work, especially on the inleting, but my vision and muscle coordination have seriously declined over the past months. To the point that I was genuinely afraid of the table saw, but I couldn't put that step off any longer. I did my damndest . . .
It's downhill from here, some rough spots needs to smoothed out, then a good finish sanding and a couple of coats of Danish Oil.
Then buff and blue the steel, I've left it in the white until now because of all the handling while fitting it to the bed.
More to come . . .
PS: I always jokingly say that every one is "The last one." "Never again! And then the next one starts . . .
This time I don't think I'm joking.